BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently (within 500 miles) put on a new set of front (stock) rotors. When I bought the car brand new, I never bed them in and never had a problem for about 150,000 miles - changed pads (always stock) and the thrust arm bushings a couple of times.

As many of you may have read on two separate posts, I have been fighting a very persistent sterring wheel wobble upon light braking.

Replacing the front brake calipers as well as going stainless braided lines helped eradicate this about 90% - with about 10% left:Thumbdown:, I decided to replace the thrust arms and bushings (again) as well as the lower control arms - a VERY slight wobble ONLY when the brakes are warmed up and only very intermittently.

I was thinking about re-bedding the new front rotors in or should I just leave them alone? - the bedding in process seems to be pretty severe - I've done it many times in my attempts to solve this problem but, with the one bad caliper, it just made the problem worse.

Now with the new calipers and the new front rotors and with the problem as mentioned now almost solved, should I bed-in the brakes?

Opinions?

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
732 Posts
I bed brakes every time I do them. I do about 10-12 runs, I will do run 1-5, 0-45/50 and back to 0 WITHOUT ABS interaction, do not miss that step. Then I do 5-8 0-55/60 to 0, then 1-2 more from 70-75 to 0. After that they should be very well bedded.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Go to the Stop Tech brakes page & read what they have to say. They explain why this process is so important & the wording that they use allows it to make some sense... !

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
60mph-5mph, DO NOT STOP, do not let abs kick in, 6-8 runs, then drive around for about 30 min to allow the brakes to cool. I have to bed mine almost every time I do some "spirited driving."

Reactions: tranck
1 - 4 of 4 Posts