1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beckham's old BMW takes one ex-owner for a ride
By Dwight Perry
The Seattle Times

John Pearson was feeling pretty good about selling off David Beckham's former BMW for about $30,000 two months ago.

That is, until the same sports car subsequently sold for more than five times that amount — nearly $170,000 — after sparking a 140-bid frenzy on eBay.

As Pearson, a businessman from Nottinghamshire, England, told The Sun of London: "I'm pretty annoyed. If I'd have known I would never have let it go for that price. You just have to learn from these things.

"I suppose the person who sold it to me is none too chuffed either. It's a bit like winning a small Lottery jackpot and losing the ticket."

After all, he said, car dealers he'd talked to had told him the 1997 BMW M3 convertible — which Beckham originally bought for about $80,000 — was worth no more than $23,000 now.

"I will follow my own instincts in the future," Pearson told Agence France-Presse, "and I've written those BMW dealers off my Christmas list, that's for sure."

·
Registered
111 Posts
BKH said:
That is, until the same sports car subsequently sold for more than five times that amount — nearly $170,000 — after sparking a 140-bid frenzy on eBay.
A Fool And His Money ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts