BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled into a strip mall & OMFG - a real M5 in PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Mackeral was it ugly. What do you guys think? Maybe, request BMWNA to add it to the new upcoming model. Anyway, just had to share.

Attachments

Reactions: shopard

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I actually don't think it looks too bad but then again I would have to see it in person. It sort of doesn't look dark enough to be Mora Metallic Purple. Euro clear corner headlights and black kidneys.....I wonder if they are a member on here?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Pretty sure that's Aubergine. You sure it's an M and not a clone?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Good point...

Square mirrors and headrests...
No M door trim. What looks like a DDM bumper and DEPO headlights. No headlight washers.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
No M door trim. What looks like a DDM bumper and DEPO headlights. No headlight washers.
Those are not depo headlights. Those have a very different housing. The only other non-oem headlights could be the DJ auto ones, but they have a small imprinting on the inside, which isn't visible there.

My M5 won't have headlight washers :tonquesmilie:

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Hard to tell exactly but it almost looks like Aspen Silver which was a standard E39 color MY 1997 to 2000; it was never offered on M5s. As was stated, this is likey not an M5. Although some M5 owners have replaced their defective oval rear view mirror with a square one, throw in the lack of an M badge on the side moulding (I know, could be badge delete), the headrests and the color and you are likely looking at a 1997-2000 528 or 540.

Reactions: MikeyMike

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Those are not depo headlights. Those have a very different housing. The only other non-oem headlights could be the DJ auto ones, but they have a small imprinting on the inside, which isn't visible there.

My M5 won't have headlight washers :tonquesmilie:
Meh, DEPO, DJ Auto, wuteva. Still looks like they're not original to the car.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
But they are...
Think so? I think the front end was hit and he took the opportunity to do new headlights, front bumper w/fogs, kidneys and other goodies. They may be OEM but they're pretty damn clear for a 10 year old car. In pic 2 it looks like a misaligned hood/fender, too.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
They may be OEM but they're pretty damn clear for a 10 year old car.
They may not be the original headlights but they certainly aren't aftermarket (as in not Hellas).

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
They may not be the original headlights but they certainly aren't aftermarket (as in not Hellas).
"Still looks like they're not original to the car" =/= aftermarket. My point was that they look too new.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
"Still looks like they're not original to the car" =/= aftermarket. My point was that they look too new.
But going back to that, my comment was a direct response to BenTong saying that they were Depos. They're not Depos, they're Hellas.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My guess is that it's fake.

Check out the grey interior A, B, & C pillars. Most likely a grey headliner.

To the owner's credit, there's no M5 badge on the shadowline trim.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hard to tell exactly but it almost looks like Aspen Silver which was a standard E39 color MY 1999 to 2000; it was never offered on M5s. As was stated, this is likey not an M5. Although some M5 owners have replaced their defective oval rear view mirror with a square one, throw in the lack of an M badge on the side moulding (I know, could be badge delete), the headrests and the color and you are likely looking at a 1999/2000 528 or 540.
Agreed. Also, with the chrome trim on the upper body side moldings, it could very be a pre-facelift ('97-'00) non-Sport Package E39 528i/540i.

Reactions: KevinM

·
Registered
832 Posts
But going back to that, my comment was a direct response to BenTong saying that they were Depos. They're not Depos, they're Hellas.
Don't drag me into this. I'm just quoting here. :typing:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I said that, Ben didn't. :)

My guess is that it's fake.

Check out the grey interior A, B, & C pillars. Most likely a grey headliner.

To the owner's credit, there's no M5 badge on the shadowline trim.
Yup.

Agreed. Also, with the chrome trim on the upper body side moldings, it could very be a pre-facelift ('97-'00) non-Sport Package E39 528i/540i.
Agreed. And pre-facelift would mean...no Angel Eyes. :D

Don't drag me into this. I'm just quoting here. :typing:
Guilty by association!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts