BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After enjoying my E39 M5 for about 4 years now, the kilometers are getting higher and higher, and parts start to fail. The engine is still strong, but at least once per month, something breaks, and I need to replace parts.
It's time to move on. I've been thinking about this a lot, and I can't find any replacement for the price I'm wanting to spend (€20k without mods), other than the E39 M5.

So I started looking for E39 M5's again, just like 4 years ago. Since I want to keep the next one again for about 4 years, it should be one with not too many kilometers, at most 125.000. I finally found one in Germany, not too far from where I live. 112.800 kms, 1999, all the facelift parts (bought and installed at dealer), carbon black, black interior, titanium trim, MKIV, 16/9, phone, Bilstein PSS9, Eisenmann exhausts, 19" OEM M6 rims. I went to check it out yesterday, did a test drive, and decided to buy it. Will be picking it up by the end of the week.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was open for anything, I just wanted 16/9, MKIV, low kilometers, nothing suspicious, complete facelift look (it has the tacho, steering wheel, navi, phone, headlights, taillights...), and a fair price.
It doesn't bother me that it's no real facelift version, my current M5 is also a prefacelift with all the newer goodies.

·
Registered
270 Posts
CONGRATS!

Congratulations dude, you are right there isn't much out there that can replace a beast. Nice catch too...all the basci mods are done. I think Mark will be jealous, since it is the same color and all. I missed the get together 2 sundays ago, I cant wait to meet you guys and to check out your new beast.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be happy to drive the buggy-version ;)

The color is carbon black for now, but in a few months, when all planned mods are done, it'll be avus blue. The color I allready wanted for my current M5. This time I'll do all the mods I want right ahead, and start driving it once it's finished. When you drive a car for 4 years, you get a pretty good idea of what mods you really want, and what mods you won't do anymore.

I'll only start driving the car in about 3 months. It should be finished by then.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Good strategy! :thumbsup:

Dave

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
i thought about those allready :biggrin:.. i want them bad.

but i'm broke enough allready..thank you very mutch

maybe next year, iff you still got them hmmm :haha:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Congratulations! Now, if you happen to have a spare set of OEM 18" wheels in immaculate condition for sale... ;)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
3 CARBON BLACK M5's ?

IMG_0021a.jpg

Minding my own business getting some gas ;) and this "guy" pulls in, he owns TWO M5's...

IMG_0024a.jpg

...I couldn't resist posting this before Frits even gets home :hihi:

1 - 20 of 188 Posts