BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey bc racing guys or anyone else who has coilovers that are height adjusted the same way as BC...ie. JIC, etc.

I went to adjust my coilovers today and noticed that on the front coilover the bottom collar that locks the shock body down onto the bottom mount is extremely close to the mount holding the endlinks.

To the point that when I turn the collars they hit the mount.

is this the case with anyone else?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2000 with bc coilovers. I have the same problem. The sway bar link brackets are about an 1/8" away from the locking collar. It doesn't hit when it spins but any closer and it would. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be but I don't have any problems with mine.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
It is very close on mine. I have to thread the body through the collar as it is stationary. I probably only get one full turn out of the collar before it hits the end link bolt/nut. No big deal though. I still can adjust my set up fairly easily.....

·
Registered
524 Posts
yeah I know what you mean when I put mine back together I was wondering if I'd got everything right as the gap to the bracket was close, but not touching, I think you might get a bit of movement in the bracket as its just clearence holes IIRC, if you loosen it off a bit it might move back away from the collar, possibly moved a bit forward when it was tightened up one time?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Ahhh. OK i know what you mean now. The ARB drop link bracket........... yeah mines pretty close but because of the way the shock adjust it won't get any closer to/further from the bracket as in effect the collar is static, and its the threaded portion of the 'over that moves up and down the shock "tube"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts