BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been several posts recently inquiring about light weight 19in wheels for the M5. In case no one noticed, BBS recently slipped some new sizes for the RE series into their Japanese catalogue. These wheels are now available as RE011 19 x 8.5 et15 and RE012 19 x 9.5 et25. The RE series is essentially the forged version of the CH, meaning lighter and stronger. For more info go to www.bbs-japan.co.jp. Most BBS products manufactured in Germany or Japan can be sourced thru BBS USA. I have no affiliation with BBS, just use their products.

DonJ

·
Registered
117 Posts
i have inquired a number of times about these rims for the e39. it simply is not available in the US unless you want a 6 month special order from japan. Tirerack does have the RE's, but not available for the e39 fitments.

I tried a few years back when the RS-GT's were introduced into Japans market. it was about a 1 1/2 yrs before it made its way here. ( at least it seemed like it) Im assuming it'll be the same way for the RE's.

Which really sucks, because im about to upgrade to 19's and i really wanted the RE's. I have the RGR's in 18 right now, but it looks like im going to get the RGR's in 19 because of this dilemma.

oh well.. what are you gonna do ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts