BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I found a brand new pair of 10" wide BBS RC wheels at Turkish BBS Vendor. Wheels were imported a year or two years ago for E39. The offset is ET25 so I guess they will fit. I'll pick them on monday.
I'll post the pictures when I get the wheels.

I'll buy the front ones from Germany. I'll probably receive them untill the end of this month.

For now, I'll put my 255/40 tires on and after this set I'll go for 265 tires. I haven't decided yet whether to go for 265/40 nor 265/35 tires.
Which one shall I put???

Johann help me??? :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
johann said:
I think you should get 265/35 or 275/35 rear and 245/40 front.

Cheers,
/Johan
Johann,
Thank you for your quick replay. I'm also thinking of putting 265/35 rear and 245/40 front tires. However, 275/35 and 245/40 combo is also recommended. But I don't want to go too wide at the rear. I would like to have a more neutral balance.

Today I took my car to a small race circuit which actually suits go-cart more and I hate the understeer tendancy of the car.

I know narrow and slow corners are not for M3 but nevertheless it wasn't very pleasant.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally I take the pictures of my 10" wide rear BBS RC wheels.
I decided to put 265/35 tires. Diameter of the tire will decrease 1.8 cm.
Will my speedo show more or less??

I also ordered 8,5" wide fronts from Germany. They are RC 303 with ET38. The tire shop told me that these wheels are for E36 M3 but I checked the BBS webpage and they are for E46 M3. I hope I won't have a problem with the fitment of the wheels.
I don't know which tire to go for the front. 235/40 or 245/40??
Any suggestions??

And here are the pictures:

They are really light..

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
johann said:
They are stunning!

Cheers,
/Johan
Thank you Johan :cheers:

I'll take your advise and go for the 245/40 front and 265/35 rear tire combo.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way, here is an interesting THREAD about aftermarket wheels and wider tires.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are 2 other pictures of my BBS RCs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Congrats Onur,

You are a lucky person!! Do you know if the vendor has any more left in stock :biggrin: Please let me know.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HIPAD said:
Congrats Onur,

You are a lucky person!! Do you know if the vendor has any more left in stock :biggrin: Please let me know.
Thank you,

I bought the last set. Are you interested in ??

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Actually yes I'm interested in the same wheel size you have. I've been looking for this size for a long time and I think you know they've been out of production for some time.
Other than Johan you're the second person whom I know has this wheel size in BBS RC.
I have them in 9 but with the wrong offset and I don't want to use spacers, I'd rather get them in 10 with the correct offset.

Let us see how they look on your car :thumbsup:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It ıs tıme to change my wheels actually but probably I would have to go to military service in August for 6 months so I don't want to put new tires on the car. I won't use my car and let it sit on the garage for at least 6 months.

On the other hand my car is at 17500km and I already eat up my rear set and a new set is needed.
The asphalt is getting hotter because of the climate and when it is mixed with finished tires I burn rubber all the time and the car starts to oversteer too much.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By the way I didn't know that RCs have 9" wide model.
I'll go for wider tires because of 10" wide rims.

I'll take Johan's advice and go for 245/40/18 for the front and 265/35/18 for the rear eventhough some people recommends 245/275 or 235/265 CSL setup.

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
I use the CSL set up when I go on a race track but with R compound tires.

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Onur,

Regarding wheel offset for the M3 I found out on tire rack when I selected BBS CH wheels, the offset for the 18" front is +35 and for the rear +40. Then I selected 19" the offset for the front is +35 and the rear +20. In BBS LM the offset in 19" is different than the BBS CH for the front it's +32 and for the rear +25.

Question is what is the OEM M3 wheel offset in 18" and 19" and for the CSL? I know it is not advisable to change the offset recommended by the manufacturer.

For the BBS RC you have the rear offset +25 how would that affect the handling of your M3? Do we have to stick to the OEM offset?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As far as I remember, OEM 18" offset is ET27-29.

I had no problem putting my 18" BBS RC wheels on.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HIPAD said:
Onur,

Question is what is the OEM M3 wheel offset in 18" and 19" and for the CSL? I know it is not advisable to change the offset recommended by the manufacturer.

For the BBS RC you have the rear offset +25 how would that affect the handling of your M3? Do we have to stick to the OEM offset?

Hi again (we are only a few people who are running this section),
I find you CSL wheels offset. Here they are:

Front: 19*8,5 ET44
Rear: 19*9,5 ET27

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
pride355 said:
Hi again (we are only a few people who are running this section),
I find you CSL wheels offset. Here they are:

Front: 19*8,5 ET44
Rear: 19*9,5 ET27
Thanks for getting back to me on this topic. Do you know if it's the same offset as OEM 19" wheel on the regular M3? It'll be interesting to know if there's a difference between the CSL wheel offset and ZCP M3 CSL "look" wheels.

So does it mean a wheel in 18" and ET 25 (like yours) has the same stance on the M3 as a 19" with an ET27.

Do you know if we have to use different wheel offset with different wheel sizes (e.g. 18" v.s. 19")? I think if we get the offset of the 18" OEM wheel it would gives a better idea.

I think we need more people (moderators) for the M3 section.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HIPAD said:
Thanks for getting back to me on this topic. Do you know if it's the same offset as OEM 19" wheel on the regular M3? It'll be interesting to know if there's a difference between the CSL wheel offset and ZCP M3 CSL "look" wheels.
You name it and I find it for you :cheers:

ZCP wheels:
fronts are 19*8 ET47
Rears are 19*9,5 ET27 which are actually CSL rear wheels.

I'll find regular 19" OEM wheel offset, too.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HIPAD said:
So does it mean a wheel in 18" and ET 25 (like yours) has the same stance on the M3 as a 19" with an ET27.

Do you know if we have to use different wheel offset with different wheel sizes (e.g. 18" v.s. 19")? I think if we get the offset of the 18" OEM wheel it would gives a better idea.

I think we need more people (moderators) for the M3 section.
I really don't know; but I think the offset should be same whether you use 18" or 19" wheels since there is nothing to do with the bigness of the wheel diameter with offset measures.

I think the problem is not the number of moderators in this section but number of people who contributes. Since the name of the homepage is "m5board"; this board is not for M3 drivers mainly.
On the other hand www.bm3w.co.uk is for mostly british M3 and M3 csl drivers.
www.m3forum.com has a very active M3 board that is 95% American.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts