BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Can't get it to link directly, but to astonishment there's not only a range in styles, but every style is offered in a unique set of sizes......

BBS CH: 8.5x19" front and 10x19" rear

BBS CK: 8.5x20" and 9.5x20"

BBS RS-GT: 8.5x20" and 10x20"

BBS RXIIlovelove : 9x21" and 10.5x21"

Seeing BBS offer all these should mean they have ALL these size combo's TUV approved! This is a MAJOR achievement!

If it's a repost, feel free to delete, I couldn't find a similar thread in a search.

Edit: This time I selected German language and the Gutachten links show up,
showing the offset, tiresizes and the need for 10mm spacers + 40mm bolts in case of 10.5x21 ET 28.....

21" has TUV with 255/30 21 and 295/25 21 :eek:oohhh:
see: http://www.bbs.com/gutachten/rxii/rx516_bmw_5er_m560.pdf

·
Registered
218 Posts
...they are very tempting but I have a couple of personal doubts:

1) will fitting larger combo [20/21"] impact current EDC/DCS etc ?

2) cost - I have brand new M5 combo on 19" and hate to sell them at loss for fantastic looking BBS !

3) in UK I am not sure who can supply this and install - UK dealer wont do it I suspect.

4) I would prefer to have brand new alloys in matt black like the test cars or gun metal grey.

But the BBS do look good and less bling, bling compared to others already offered.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Sorry to bring up a old thread, but would the RXII's fit a E60 M5 without modifications? Anyone know the weight of these wheels? Pics?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I found several pics, I wanted to know if these are lighter than normal cast wheels or are they forged, tirerack claims forged but other sites claim cast. Anyone have knowledge about these wheels? good or no good for a M5?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I was looking at the 21" and I had it the other way around, tirerack claims cast which seems to be true. Any opinions on the wheels for a M5?

·
Company Representative for Wheel Experts
298 Posts
The RXII fitment for the E60 M5 is a 21x9 et23 front and a 21x10.5 et28. The rear fitment is perfect, but the front will need a major spacer.....like a 12-15mm variety. It will look awesome, but the spacer up front is a must, otherwise the front wheels will be buried in the fender (and will likely scrape against the inner plastic fenderliner and the strut).

The rear offset is perfect, will allow a 295/25/21 and should not have any rubbing, even lowered.

·
298 Posts
Also, they are indeed cast center, spun rim.

·
298 Posts
So is that good as forged as far as weight and quality are concerned? And thanks for that info.
They will not be a good as forged wheel in terms of strength and weight. However, quality of BBS cast wheels are as good as it gets.

·
298 Posts
Yes, both of those are actually quite heavy. If you wanted a forged wheel in a 21", i'd probably have to make you something custom.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts