BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see any mention of this over here, thought I would post this up in case anyone is interested:

I have no affiliation with Euro Dyne, although I am getting in on this buy =)
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272824

Euro Dyne presents the Linea Corse Lemans which will be landing stateside by early to middle of May! The following sizes and colors are as follows: Linea Corse Lemans Hyper Black, Royal Hyper Silver 19x8.5 5x120 +30 offset 19x10 5x120 +37 offset Royal Hyper Silver 19x8.5 5x120 +30 offset 19x10 5x120 +22 offset Royal Hyper Silver 19x8.5 5x120 +40 offset 19x9.5 5x120 +45 offset
(Images show Royal Hyper Silver)
(Images show Hyper Black)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
You get what you pay for. Could be nice on a "copy cat car".
No, all jokes aside. They look nice.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i've seen better 'replicas' for less... but more importantly do the right thing and buy the real wheel...
I agree that nothing beats the real deal. Who knows, maybe someone will want to pick them up for a second/extra set of wheels. Personally, relative to what I paid for my car and the fact that my 540 was originally intended to get me from point a to point b during the year when i'm not driving my 300zx, I can't justify buying real lm's, and then driving them around on the harsh craters we here in Michigan call our roads. As far as better looking reproduction, these are pretty spot on, from the spoke design to the stepped lip; the only other comparable rep's I've seen are the Luff m1 wheels which do not have the stepped lip (i've seen the m1's in the past on a few m5's floating on the web, which is what compelled me to post these here since it seems that reps aren't out of the question for all m5 owners :)).

Regards,

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thanks for sharing... curious to know the weight.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
how about these:

Judging by the centercaps those look like the real deal. I'm not trying to fight you on what wheel is better, I know the real LM is the best option. Again, just spreading the word for anyone who may not want to drop 5k on wheels but like the look and design of the LM wheel.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Sorry. But 5K is not enough. There has been a price increase with abt 20% on the BBS LM's. Here in Sweden a new 19" set for the beast will be well over 8K.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Sorry. But 5K is not enough. There has been a price increase with abt 20% on the BBS LM's. Here in Sweden a new 19" set for the beast will be well over 8K.
yes sir... that is true... a few weeks back punch intl. (bbs new owner) released a memo to all vendors, that there will be no more wholesale accounts and pricing is to go up across the board... iirc like you said it is 20%.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
those are replicas, and theyre about ~800 (USD).
Interesting, do you know who makes them/sells them, and if they're available in a fitment for the e39? I know i've seen lm stlye wheels a plenty for other bmw models, but I haven't seen much out there for the e39 besides the Luff wheels.

Gracias'

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
youd have to run a spacer to make them fit, however im not promoting replicas... theyre out there youll find them. but if you do want them act fast... bc bbs has been hunting down ppl who have been seeling replicas, and threatening lawsuits etc. so theres been a recent fire sale on these items and highly doubtful youll be seeing them again.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Judging by the centercaps those look like the real deal. I'm not trying to fight you on what wheel is better, I know the real LM is the best option. Again, just spreading the word for anyone who may not want to drop 5k on wheels but like the look and design of the LM wheel.

Center cap can be purchase of ebay (just the sticker).

No BBS center will fit to the reps. Wheel.

But I must say the one icono post looks very close to the real deal.

The way I can tell whether its real or not, if from the center area. And the real LM has "BBS" embossed and it also has BBS part number, spec width X diameter and offset imprinted/engraved as well.

Regardz,

J Irwan

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Judging by the centercaps those look like the real deal. I'm not trying to fight you on what wheel is better, I know the real LM is the best option. Again, just spreading the word for anyone who may not want to drop 5k on wheels
Look again at the centercap. It says "BB5" <- Bee Bee FIVE not BBS!

Then...when you think you've got a good deal on the fake ones...

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-ilndce/case_no-1:2007cv06908/case_id-215141/

Boom! BBS slaps the trademark infringers with a lawsuit!

The the poser performance rims while you can. For those looking for the real deal, get BBS before the price hike!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts