·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I currently have these BBS LMs on my e46m3:

19 BBS LMs
8.5 e.t. 32 front

10.0 e.t. 25 rear

Any chance with spacers I would be able to swap these to a e39 M5?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
yeah, everything is possible offcourse but some things to consider,

first, your going to need a 15-20mm spacer in front, and a 5-10mm spacer in the back.

check iff your centerbore has a ring in it that can be swapped out,BBS most off the time hase 80mm centerbores with additional centerrings that fit the car.iff the ring can be swapped, because im not sure on a LM wheel;
your going to need to order a set of new centerbore-rings, with a 74.1 boresize.e46 M3 got a72.5mm boresize ring so it wouldent fit.

after that your good to go :hihi::hihi:

other thing is, because the et is so high, the lip will not be so big then when you got LM's with et 20 for instance.hmmm so the non big lip look isn't the best to go with on a car like ours.

my thoughts offcourse.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Hey, I currently have these BBS LMs on my e46m3:

19 BBS LMs
8.5 e.t. 32 front

10.0 e.t. 25 rear

Any chance with spacers I would be able to swap these to a e39 M5?

Thanks in advance.

You can use the rear on the E39. But you'll need to purchase center ring for E46 M3.
The rear has the same part number but has different center ring for E39 M5 and E46 M3 application (BBS listed the same part number for both application). IIRC the center bore of the BBS LM is either 78mm/80mm (I forgot which), which you can switch with different center ring.

The front however is 19x8.5 ET17 for the E39 M5 application. I would just sell the front and get the one for E39 M5 application, or you'd have to use 15mm spacer to get roughly the same offset.

Also incase you are not aware the 19x8.5 for E39 M5 vs E46 M3 has slighltly diffferent looks (E39 has more lips).

Here is pic fo reference.

Regardz,

J Irwan

Attachments

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
J,

Your car looks sweeet:cheers:
You can use the rear on the E39. But you'll need to purchase center ring for E46 M3.
The rear has the same part number but has different center ring for E39 M5 and E46 M3 application (BBS listed the same part number for both application). IIRC the center bore of the BBS LM is either 78mm/80mm (I forgot which), which you can switch with different center ring.

The front however is 19x8.5 ET17 for the E39 M5 application. I would just sell the front and get the one for E39 M5 application, or you'd have to use 15mm spacer to get roughly the same offset.

Also incase you are not aware the 19x8.5 for E39 M5 vs E46 M3 has slighltly diffferent looks (E39 has more lips).

Here is pic fo reference.

Regardz,

J Irwan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts