BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a beautiful set of E88's that I purchased for my father's E39 M5 (25k mile garage queen) in August of 2020. We ended up selling the car after only driving on the wheels once. The buyer took the car with our Dinan wheels so these are up for grabs. The wheels were purchased directly from BBS as I have a direct account with them. BBS performed the necessary machining to accommodate the E39 Hub Bore.

Wheel Model:
BBS Motorsports E88

For those of you who aren't familiar with this wheel - They are made to order by BBS to the buyer's specification. They are a forged 3-piece wheel. This wheel is the same BBS product you see at the track in pro-level racing. Do not compare this to BBS street wheels as the Motorsports division is separate and makes bespoke products for their customers. Each component is readily available from BBS. If you damage a lip or barrel you can easily source the individual component that was damaged. This differs from BBS street wheels as you can not buy individual components from BBS. These are the real deal - Retailing for $5750 per set.

Size:
18 x 10 et12 (3" lips)
18 x 11 et24 (3" lips)

Style: This is the center cap version of the E88. It uses standard BBS Center caps. I can offer them with either the White/Gold caps shown or Black/Gold caps.

Wheel Condition:
Approximately 20 miles of street use. Zero damage, zero stories.

Tires:
Michelin 4S
265/35/18
285/35/18
Tires are as new. Still have remnants of the stickers on them

Price - Wheels and Tires:
SOLD!

MSRP:
Wheels - $5350
Tires - $1200
Center Caps - $180
Total: $6730

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
4,385 Posts
Hi slicer, I think it would be helpful to give some additional details on fit and drivability. What suspension/settings are necessary to run these sizes front and rear. The tire sizes are similar to DINAN's spec for the E39, but the wheel's themselves are 1" wider front and rear.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi slider, I think it would be helpful to give some additional details on fit and drivability. What suspension/settings are necessary to run these sizes front and rear. The tire sizes are similar to DINAN's spec for the E39, but the wheel's themselves are 1" wider front and rear.
Hi - thank you for reaching out. I'm happy to answer your questions.

We ran them with the following suspension setup without any issues, no rubbing:
Koni Sport Shocks
B&G Lowering Springs
Beastpower Camber Plates (these are fixed camber plates which essentially serve as a shim to gain a small amount of front camber)

The front camber was approximately -1.7 and the rear was -1.5. We are not talking any major camber to make this setup work. I'm not sure if a previous owner did some fender rolling but we did not. As you can see in the pictures, the fitment is fantastic. Aggressive but nothing over the top. We also had Dinan wheels and I can tell you that the Dinan specs were very conservative. There was plenty of space to go wider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts