BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few weeks of negotiation and then the wait on shipping, the CH-R have arrived. After much research, and finally a call to BBS in GA for clarification and a call to Tire Rack to order the parts, the wheels were installed today. I bought 10mm spacers but did not need them. In fact, I'm open to thoughts, but I think the offset looks pretty good.

I know, many will say it needs lowered. This will have to do for now. The tires were already on the rims. Perhaps a bit too much stretch for me in the rear, but not too bad.

The specs are 19"x9 et20 and 19"x10.5 et25, 255/35 and 285/30 Continental Extreme Contact.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
The look great on your Alpine White M5. IMO they don't belong with dark colored cars;way too much contrast with a Jet Black or Carbon Black car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Brilliant choice on wheels! I love mine and always get good comments on them

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Damn Anthony those look amazing.

Those are so clean on your car, something about those on white is perfect. I usually like wheels with a lip but wow those are hot on your car.

Ping me either PM or cell if you want to sell those spacers. I need a set. Ill call dibs.

Great look on your car, congrats on a great purchase. What tires are you running on those?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Looking good Anthony :cheers:.

These wheels actually looks better in person. So if you think it alrady looks great on photos, wait till you see them in person mmmmmm.

Nice choice on the wheeels.

I think the rear could be the best optimum width and offset yet for E39M5 (no bodyworks).

Regardz,

J Irwan

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Looks great bro! First person on the forum to run these on our cars. Great choice.

I think Vason runs these doesnt he?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think Vason runs these doesnt he?
I believe he has the BBS CH. I did a lot of searching, I have not found another e39 M5 with the CH-R. They are slightly different. Here is a pic of MrCrashRR's AW with the CH. Both look great, I just wanted something slightly different. The CH in my opinion look a bit more elegant with the CH-R being slightly more purposeful if that makes sense. Just my opinion. I have wanted the CH since I had an e36. Big fan of both.

The CH-Rs I have are also 1/2" wider in both the front and the rear.

Thanks for all of the positive comments everyone. I appreciate it. What a bad time to buy wheels with Sal just releasing the LHD 4-2-1 headers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Sorry Anthony I didnt mean to rain on your parade.Either way those wheels are very nice on AW.

Now about those spacers...

I will have my own new wheel thread soon!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Chris, no worries. The only rain is the stuff that came down last night and drenched my basement.

I'm thinking I might keep the spacers for a bit to drive on them for a while to ensure I don't have any rubbing. Doesn't seem to be any, but..

They are only $20 each from TireRack. I had them in one day. If you need some in a couple week, let me know.

Sorry Anthony I didnt mean to rain on your parade.Either way those wheels are very nice on AW.

Now about those spacers...

I will have my own new wheel thread soon!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.