Registered
1,579 Posts
Dan,
Count me in (ASAP),
BB

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I know that you boys had the smash hit that Greg put together, but a) I didn't get to go
and b) I thought that another one might be fun.

If anyone's interested (I'm guessing later in the summer), I'd be happy to help come up with a creative route. Perhaps even create a weekend-long journey? (better call every police connection i can think of

Let me know,

--Dan

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dan,

Count me in as well. If you want to travel a little north(Santa Rosa & north), I have some outrageous routes through wine country and the hills surrounding that would be a lot of fun. I also know of some great deli & restaurants for pit stops.

Greg, your outing sounded great. It was the week that I took delivery of my car and we almost crossed paths as I was heading back from Monterey with my wife. Do you think that some of the crew on your drive might be interested?

Dan, let me know what weekend you were thinking of.

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dan,
count me in as well, would definetly like to join.

adam,

PS: Been reading this site for 2.5 years, just joined the site. Live in the bay area, santa clara region,

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Me too! Me too!

I am unavailable the next 3 weekends - first opp would be last weekend in August. Early September is OK too. (I don't expect you to work around my schedule, of course - but if you have a choice, great!)

/Greg

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Dan,

It would be great if we could get all three generations for a photo. Let me know the date. I have an email list with several E28 M5's and E34's.

Kevin

P.S. Ran across a silver E39 on the way to work this a.m. Getting on 280 at Magdalena. Also saw a black one in Los Altos that sounded like it had aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I have a jet black but no aftermarket. although I just came back and my car seems louder. I guess that's what 1 week w/o it does to you ;)

Well, why don't we do this, if you're interested, email me the dates of availability and we'll try to work around that. If we get enough people, we might have to push it back a little to accomodate as many as possible.

[email protected]

--Dan

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Hey! I was expecting more board members to email me!

What do you boys think of a North Coast/Wine country run on September 9th?

I'm open to all suggestions (short of trading my car :)

--Dan

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Ok. I've been informed of some very interesting routes up north a little. Personally, I'm in the San Mateo area, so I wouldn't mind meeting up with people from down south a bit and then heading up.

John has come up with the following route:

"The route that I was thinking of has everthing you described. Start with
breakfeast in Santa Rosa at the Omelette Express in Old Railroad Square.
Santa Rosa > Calistoga via Calistoga Rd. (twisty hills); Calistoga >
Geyserville via Hwy 128 (scenic drive through wine country with some twisty
sections and some good sraight-aways); photo opportunity in Geyserville in
front of the Geyser Peak Winery; Geyserville > Cloverdale via Hwy 101 (long
fast straight-aways, I have a Valentine for the CHiP's); Cloverdale >
Booneville via Hwy 128 (very twisty road), Lunch in Booneville; Cloverdale >
Ukiah (more twisty roads), Ukiah > Healdsburg via Hwy 101 and Dry Creek Rd.
(many good straight-aways and some beautiful wine country scenery); stop at
Bear Republic Brewerey in Healdsburg for a break; head home."

Anyone interested in a little fun? :)

--Dan

·
Registered
412 Posts
Greg,Barry,Dan,Adam,&Kevin,

Dan and I zeroed in on Sept. 9 as a good date for the North Coast M5 outing. Does this date workn for any of you? This could be a lot of fun! E-mail Dan & I.

Thanks,
John
Dan([email protected])

John([email protected])

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
John & Dan,
I'm in!
Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sounds fine. No guarantee I can make it but I will relay the information to my M5/M6 email list. That should give people sufficient time to set the date aside.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jlvink - the car's already broken in, we did Euro delivery and it's got 1950 miles and four pulls on Kelleners' chassis dyno.

It's somewhere between Frankfurt and Port Hueneme right now, probably sitting at Bremerhaven waiting for a boat.

Once it gets here, of course, it needs to get introduced to California roads.

*thump* Ouch *THUMP* What was that?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
haha. yea, finding GOOD roads with sparse traffic and no cops is close to impossible now. Oh well. Thank you Mike Valentine!

--Dan

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got The Second Letter from BMW NA yesterday.

(In Euro Delivery terms, The First Letter is the one that notifies you when your car will be at the delivery center in Munich. The Second Letter is the one that tells you what boat the car is on and when it'll be in port.)

Sez it'll arrive in Port Hueneme on 8/14. So, fingers crossed, we ought to be able to make 9/9.

1 - 20 of 252 Posts