BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Bay area beast masters,

on sunday august 7th Anders at Devek Performance http://www.devek.net/
has invited us to have a dyno meet. the meet will start at 11:00am and end whenever. Devek and the Emperor will provide BBQ and drinks for your enjoyment. i will also invite some M3s to join us there. it should be a lot of fun and find out who really has the M5 Horsepower king of Bay area. i need to know who's coming, so reply to this post and let's keep it accurate please.
For the dyno days the price of three runs is $90 for horsepower, torque and rpm. For $10 extra they can log boost and air/fuel ratio as well.

Devek Performance
837 2nd ave.
Redwood City, CA 94063
650-369-3383

emperor :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev:

1. emperor

·
10,456 Posts
put me down as #2 on the list, i'd like another dyno run. Sounds fun.
Mike

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Awww. I can't make it. But sounds like fun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So it is going to be next Sunday right?

So how many M5 are on the list now?

EMPEROR said:
Hello Bay area beast masters,

on sunday august 7th Anders at Devek Performance http://www.devek.net/
has invited us to have a dyno meet. the meet will start at 11:00am and end whenever. Devek and the Emperor will provide BBQ and drinks for your enjoyment. i will also invite some M3s to join us there. it should be a lot of fun and find out who really has the M5 Horsepower king of Bay area. i need to know who's coming, so reply to this post and let's keep it accurate please.
For the dyno days the price of three runs is $90 for horsepower, torque and rpm. For $10 extra they can log boost and air/fuel ratio as well.

Devek Performance
837 2nd ave.
Redwood City, CA 94063
650-369-3383

emperor :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev:

1. emperor

·
10,456 Posts
airfatwing said:
So it is going to be next Sunday right?

So how many M5 are on the list now?
i think there are two of us so far! but 8/7 is what, 3 weeks away still. I will admit that the cost for the dyno session is a bit high, but what the heck.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
august 7th is a sunday.

if the reason for you not going to the meet is the price of the dyno runs, please let me know and i can work something out. and you don't have to dyno if don't want, just come and hang out.

emperor
:viking:

·
Banned
136 Posts
Wow, $90 for 3 baseline runs? That seems kind of steep considering ATP in Fremont or Gruppe-S in Hayward usually charge $60 for 3 or more baseline runs if its a group dyno day. What kind of dyno does Devek use? Dyno Dynamics, Dynojet, Mustang, Bosch?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
don't know but they usually only deal with Porsche's. just go for the fun and also we will have a drive after the meet.

emperor
:M5rev: :M5launch:

///M5_Madman said:
Wow, $90 for 3 baseline runs? That seems kind of steep considering ATP in Fremont or Gruppe-S in Hayward usually charge $60 for 3 or more baseline runs if its a group dyno day. What kind of dyno does Devek use? Dyno Dynamics, Dynojet, Mustang, Bosch?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi everyone,

I would be happen to join you on this dynoQ, IF my car is actually running by that time! (EWS problem at the moment so car does not start - getting help in a separate thread).

:cheers:

·
Banned
136 Posts
EMPEROR said:
don't know but they usually only deal with Porsche's. just go for the fun and also we will have a drive after the meet.

emperor
:M5rev: :M5launch:
Sounds fun, but do you think we can do the meet the next Sunday after Aug.7th? I have a wedding to goto on that day. :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
The dyno is a DynaPack 3000, for 2wd cars up to 800 rwhp. It is NOT a roller type dyno, instead the wheels are taken off the car and the dyno is bolted to the hubs. This system has a lot of advantages to the roller type dynos, the biggest one being the fact that tire slipping and heat in the tires are being removed.

There is no real limit to only 3 runs, if you want to do some small tuning adjustments while on the dyno I can without any problem and instead limit it to amount of time per car.

Don't forget that there will be a BBQ going as well included in the price. We will also have an event called the DEVEK DAYS on the saturday 6:th (day before the M5/M3 dyno day) with an open house and Porsche tech sessions and also dyno availability. On the sunday when we have the dyno day scheduled there will be a Porsche crowd going for a fun drive so there will be plenty of cars to check out during the day. :)

·
10,456 Posts
You kind of threw me with the location of sweeden under your avatar. You're from devek though, right. Were you at the buttonwillow event that fred put together?
I do plan on attending and dynoing, curious to see the difference between the numbers i get on a dynapack, dinan is a big fan of that dyno too...

any thoughts about some tech stuff on our day? i know you aren't a bmw shop, but looking at your site, you could do an alignment and discuss various parameters. My car could be the test subject, i've been wanting my alignment checked!
Mike

sweanders said:
The dyno is a DynaPack 3000, for 2wd cars up to 800 rwhp. It is NOT a roller type dyno, instead the wheels are taken off the car and the dyno is bolted to the hubs. This system has a lot of advantages to the roller type dynos, the biggest one being the fact that tire slipping and heat in the tires are being removed.

There is no real limit to only 3 runs, if you want to do some small tuning adjustments while on the dyno I can without any problem and instead limit it to amount of time per car.

Don't forget that there will be a BBQ going as well included in the price. We will also have an event called the DEVEK DAYS on the saturday 6:th (day before the M5/M3 dyno day) with an open house and Porsche tech sessions and also dyno availability. On the sunday when we have the dyno day scheduled there will be a Porsche crowd going for a fun drive so there will be plenty of cars to check out during the day. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, I have been registered since 2003 and have been lurking. At the time I lived in Sweden and right now I am in the process of moving to California.

Yes, I was at the Buttonwillow and got rides with friends. Also drove the 500 rwhp 928 "DEVEK WHITE CAR" for a few laps. That car has done a verified 210 mph during open road races in 1999 and will will be here if you want to check it out.

The difference in power numbers between the Dynapack and Dynojet are mainly because of sweep time, the Dynojet lets the car accellerate as fast as it can while that can be controlled on the DynaPack as it puts a load on the car.

We can do alignment on all cars and are used to doing alignments with aggressive settings suitable for more active driving. I will not be able to do an alignment and also running the dyno but if you come here during any day of the week or the open house on saturday I or other members of the DEVEK-team will have time to discuss this and other subjects.

We are mainly a Porsche shop but do work on other cars as well and sell parts for just about any car. BMW's, Audi and Corvettes are showing up more and more often at our shop. Often by Porsche owners who trust us with their other cars as well. We have room for pretty much anything in our 22,000 sqft. :)

DEVEK started offering Porsche performance parts that always has been backed by dyno or race results in the early 90's, mainly for the 928 market and we have a very good reputation when it comes to engines and performance parts. As an example it is not all companies who has rebuilt RUF engines and made more Power than RUF with lower octance gas. We have several 420+ rwhp 928 engines built inhouse as well and the one with the most miles on it has exceeded 200.000 miles and is only down a few (3-5) hp. These are 5 liter 32 valve V8 engines so I believe that you M5 owners would find it interesting. ;)

mottati said:
You kind of threw me with the location of sweeden under your avatar. You're from devek though, right. Were you at the buttonwillow event that fred put together?
I do plan on attending and dynoing, curious to see the difference between the numbers i get on a dynapack, dinan is a big fan of that dyno too...

any thoughts about some tech stuff on our day? i know you aren't a bmw shop, but looking at your site, you could do an alignment and discuss various parameters. My car could be the test subject, i've been wanting my alignment checked!
Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd be interested - but as hot as it is in the Bay area right now, wouldn't that adversely affect the readings?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
these guys know how to dyno regardless of the weather. come by and hang and check out some M's.

emperor
:M5launch:

Burnin M said:
I'd be interested - but as hot as it is in the Bay area right now, wouldn't that adversely affect the readings?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Burnin M said:
I have seen very small variations due to heat, we have had cars doing well over 100 dyno runs in one day and if the cooling system is well designed there is no reason to not dyno even on a hot day. Doing three dyno runs will have the car doing full acceleration under about 30 seconds which is no big stress on a good car.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
hmmm I might be able to make this...I'll see what's going on. No Dyno runs for me...I don't really need to know.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts