BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, below is a thread from norcalbmw . com (baybimmerz)
i will be going to this drive with them. it would be kool if other m5 were there. let me know if any one wants to go.

emperor :viking: :flag:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">Post: #1 Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:21 pm Post subject: 6/11/05 - Point Reyes Drive and Lunch</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>I'm thinking of a drive through West Marin ending up at Point Reyes. I need to investigate lunch possibilities. A picnic has some potential, or maybe a local restaurant depending on the size of the group. I wouldn't mind taking a detour on the way back to visit the Marin headlands to get some scenic photos of the Golden Gate, The City, and our cars.

June 11 works best for me, as my work life is going to head for the crapper around the middle of June until we put a new release to bed in early-mid July.

-------------------------
(from a later post from Cliff, drive/meet details, edited)

I figure we'll depart from the Marin Brewing Company at the Larkspur Landing Shopping Center at 9:30. It will take about an hour and a half to get to Drake's Beach. We can spend a couple of hours there, then drive on back to Larkspur Landing.

***Attn East Bay folks***
(contact: Cliff)
Where: Stoneridge Mall
Arrive: 8:15am
Depart: No Later than 8:30am SHARP (if you are not here at 8:30am, you are on your own)
*note: map from Stoneridge to Marin Brewing Co.
**note: Come with a radio and a full tank of gas, please.

***SouthBay Caravan Details***
(contact: Benjamin Hirsch, cell: 408-219-7488)
Where: NVIDIA Corporation (easy to spot), corner of Walsh/San Tomas, just off of 101/Montague Expressway, 2701 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA, 95050
Arrive: 7:45am
Depart: No Later than 8:00am SHARP (if you are not here at 8am, you are on your own)
**Here is a Map for directions from NVIDIA to Marin Brewing Company, the Final Meeting Spot up North.

That means us East Bay folks depart Stoneridge at 8:30am (Sharp!, right Keith?
) The South Bay folks will have to plan their own staging point accordingly.

Marin Brewing Co is the start and end point: Link to Yahoo map

I tried to find the western end of Fairfax-Bolinas with no success, so returning on Sir Francis Drake is probably as good a route as anything.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
92 Posts
Emperor,
Are you still doing lunch Friday, 6/10 and Sunday 6/12?

Rick

EMPEROR said:
hello, below is a thread from norcalbmw . com (baybimmerz)
i will be going to this drive with them. it would be kool if other m5 were there. let me know if any one wants to go.

emperor :viking: :flag:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">Post: #1 Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:21 pm Post subject: 6/11/05 - Point Reyes Drive and Lunch</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>I'm thinking of a drive through West Marin ending up at Point Reyes. I need to investigate lunch possibilities. A picnic has some potential, or maybe a local restaurant depending on the size of the group. I wouldn't mind taking a detour on the way back to visit the Marin headlands to get some scenic photos of the Golden Gate, The City, and our cars.

June 11 works best for me, as my work life is going to head for the crapper around the middle of June until we put a new release to bed in early-mid July.

-------------------------
(from a later post from Cliff, drive/meet details, edited)

I figure we'll depart from the Marin Brewing Company at the Larkspur Landing Shopping Center at 9:30. It will take about an hour and a half to get to Drake's Beach. We can spend a couple of hours there, then drive on back to Larkspur Landing.

***Attn East Bay folks***
(contact: Cliff)
Where: Stoneridge Mall
Arrive: 8:15am
Depart: No Later than 8:30am SHARP (if you are not here at 8:30am, you are on your own)
*note: map from Stoneridge to Marin Brewing Co.
**note: Come with a radio and a full tank of gas, please.

***SouthBay Caravan Details***
(contact: Benjamin Hirsch, cell: 408-219-7488)
Where: NVIDIA Corporation (easy to spot), corner of Walsh/San Tomas, just off of 101/Montague Expressway, 2701 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA, 95050
Arrive: 7:45am
Depart: No Later than 8:00am SHARP (if you are not here at 8am, you are on your own)
**Here is a Map for directions from NVIDIA to Marin Brewing Company, the Final Meeting Spot up North.

That means us East Bay folks depart Stoneridge at 8:30am (Sharp!, right Keith?
) The South Bay folks will have to plan their own staging point accordingly.

Marin Brewing Co is the start and end point: Link to Yahoo map

I tried to find the western end of Fairfax-Bolinas with no success, so returning on Sir Francis Drake is probably as good a route as anything.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</B>

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I hate being stuck out in AZ, as I have driven that route before and it is a blast! Some of those roads are better suited to an E30 M3 than an E39 M5, but I could be in a VW Eurovan and still have fun out there. I'll be looking forward to some pictures.
:cheers:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the other meets are still on. this is a drive with the norcalbmw guys. totally seperate from the other meets.

emperor
:viking:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I hope you are not overdosing on all this beast activity in one weekend.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
honestly after going to the bimmerfest this year. i need a weekend like this. i hope that all the meets will have a goof turn out and hope everyone will have (BMW) fun.

emperor
:M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev: :M5rev:

clauswagner said:
I hope you are not overdosing on all this beast activity in one weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts