BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Yes, I don't like them and yes, most transactions go smooth because buyer and seller are honest.
But, isn't the whole point of paying a fee as a seller or buyer to have some protection?
It's a long thread and there is a lot of crap but it's clear that BAT should have killed the auction and the fact this turd is on sale right now at Auto Trader is a clear proof of scam.
If 42k miles is a true mileage, I'm the Santa Claus.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not. If this is not proof of greed, I don't know what is. Stories like these kill their reputation and rightfuly so.
Seller got a friend to bid and BAT got their fees. Now the M5 is for sale at different platform with no mention of potential mileage disrecpency. It's obvious they're hoping for a someone not paying attention to buy the car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
100% Agree it's greedy, but I'm still surprised it wasn't taken down. They have Withdrawn cars before for discrepancies (more minor than this one).

Feel bad for the next guy buying a car with 5x the true mileage and not aware of that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think the most impressive thing about this ordeal is that this thing only went 40k miles in the first 8 years of its life and then managed to go 150k in the next 8. Presumably blasting down every empty highway that New Mexico has to offer.

At least somebody got there money's worth out of this car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I watched the whole thing play out on BAT. I was a little dismayed at their inaction with the evidence submitted.
I was sceptical from the first bit of bidding. It jumped hard for no reserve.
But I thought the play was going to be having the new (shill)buyer make a claim against carfax.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Annnd now it’s for sale in Houston for 22k for the next buyer to be defrauded... sickening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
BaT is slowly turning into eBay.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I also watched this one closely. The 'buyer' jumped the final bid $4000 on a No Reserve auction on top of the comments that were indicating that there's a problem with the mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts