BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to practice on a few of my beaters and the wife's car before I do the M5 ..

does anyone have a comprehensive "n00b" list of what I should get? I don't want to invest too much just yet - at least until I've got a few cars under my belt - so i'd like to avoid stuff like swissvax, mezerna, etc until I get around to the M5.

- which polisher? (looking at the griots orbital polisher)
- which polishes/compounds?
- which pads?
- stuff for cleaning wheels?
- stuff for interior
- good foaming gun?
- which brushes?
- etc, etc

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'm going to practice on a few of my beaters and the wife's car before I do the M5 ..

does anyone have a comprehensive "n00b" list of what I should get? I don't want to invest too much just yet - at least until I've got a few cars under my belt - so i'd like to avoid stuff like swissvax, mezerna, etc until I get around to the M5.

- which pads?
- stuff for interior
- good foaming gun?
- which brushes?
- etc, etc

thanks in advance!
I just started using the mothers power cone for the wheels and it is a lot easier, all you need is a drill. Lexol and connolly is my favorite for the interior. meguires ultimate detailer I have found is the best. All of the Meguire products are very good from my own experience. I use a variety of menzerna polishes, and finish them up with NXT 2.0 wax.
Buy all the best and most expensive products, dont go cheap. Go to autogeek.com and check out their awesome selection. I have tried many cleaning products and have picked out the ones that work the best.

·
Registered
71 Posts

- which pads?
- stuff for interior
- good foaming gun?
- which brushes?
- etc, etc

thanks in advance!
Have a look at some of the vehicles detailed by Detailer's Domain, he includes a list of products / tools used with his write-ups

·
Registered
6 Posts

- which pads?
- stuff for interior
- good foaming gun?
- which brushes?
- etc, etc

thanks in advance!
Hey M5dave. I'm just going to tell you which products I purchased when I first started out.

Polisher: PC 7424XP

Compound/Polish: Meg 105/205, Menzerna 203,106

Pads: I use Lake country pads. Be sure to get at least 5 of each color to do a whole car. (Except for blue. You only need two max)

Wheels: P21s total auto wash, Meg's All Purpose Cleaner

Interior: P21s total auto wash diluted 10:1.

Foam gun: N/A

Brushes: I only bought some brushes from local stores, not online.

Hope this small list helps guide you to the right direction. ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually.. Meguiars was the "cheap" stuff I was referring to :)

I just started using the mothers power cone for the wheels and it is a lot easier, all you need is a drill. Lexol and connolly is my favorite for the interior. meguires ultimate detailer I have found is the best. All of the Meguire products are very good from my own experience. I use a variety of menzerna polishes, and finish them up with NXT 2.0 wax.
Buy all the best and most expensive products, dont go cheap. Go to autogeek.com and check out their awesome selection. I have tried many cleaning products and have picked out the ones that work the best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts