BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
No kidding. Sounds like an enthusiast owner as well. Not sure why the bargain pricing for a "collector grade" specimen and posting on Autotrader of all places. Makes me a little wary.

I'm in the market and I've had the worse luck trying to contact private sellers on Autotrader. I'm probably 0 for 5 trying to get one to reply back.

·
Registered
926 Posts
No kidding. Sounds like an enthusiast owner as well. Not sure why the bargain pricing for a "collector grade" specimen and posting on Autotrader of all places. Makes me a little wary.

I'm in the market and I've had the worse luck trying to contact private sellers on Autotrader. I'm probably 0 for 5 trying to get one to reply back.
Agree it seems a little fishy and I wouldn’t say it’s enthusiast owned. Curb rash, old tires, pixel issue, to name a few. May ultimately be a good car, but definitely not collector grade. Avus blue is very rare though. Only around 200 sold in North America.
As a shopper, I’m sure you’re aware of the high demand right now. Not surprising that you don’t hear back. I bet the sellers get swamped. Good luck with your search. It’ll be worth the wait. Also, keep an eye on the Bay Area (CA) craigslist. There’s a fair amount of e39 M5’s here, and there’s usually several for sale. Only 2 right now though. Also check Orange County CL.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

If you are looking in the Florida area, I can suggest checking out this car: Used BMW M5 for Sale in Fort Myers, FL - CarGurus

It was my second choice (but was 35k back when I started looking and now down to $30k). I spoke with owner and have details on the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agree it seems a little fishy and I wouldn’t say it’s enthusiast owned. Curb rash, old tires, pixel issue, to name a few. May ultimately be a good car, but definitely not collector grade. Avus blue is very rare though. Only around 200 sold in North America.
As a shopper, I’m sure you’re aware of the high demand right now. Not surprising that you don’t hear back. I bet the sellers get swamped. Good luck with your search. It’ll be worth the wait. Also, keep an eye on the Bay Area (CA) craigslist. There’s a fair amount of e39 M5’s here, and there’s usually several for sale. Only 2 right now though. Also check Orange County CL.
By enthusiast, I guess I meant someone who sounds like they have and know BMWs and M cars and so it is interesting that it is very objectively underpriced.

Appreciate the tips. That titanium silver with 66k miles on SF Craigslist looks intriguing. I am bidding on that cars & bids M5 auction ending this afternoon. Mileage is a bit high but it wears them well and may be well suited for my needs as a daily. If I can get it for a good price I won’t be too upset.

I saw that Florida car in the for sale section here, honestly the car looks great, and the price is very fair. Unfortunately I am trying to avoid black as my weekend and current daily are both black and I hate that they look dirty after a single drive.

Thanks again

·
Registered
924 Posts
Interesting for sure. Seems to me BaT or C&B are the places for sellers right now, let them bring the audience to you.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Im of the mindset that unless you are looking for a garage queen, it might be better off getting a well maintained 100k+ car that has had all the common issues addressed. Otherwise, a car under 100k will have to go through replacing these items and these days will cost a pretty penny compared to someone who did it a few years ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts