BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - what a day we had at Mallory yesterday!

Car was understeering in qualifying and one of the cycle wings half fell off (crap weld on bracket), so I only managed 1/2 dozen laps. Bagged 14th on the grid (out of 27), which is [email protected] really, but not too bad in the circumstances.

Then got shoved into the gravel going into Gerrards on first lap. Managed to keep going, and enjoyed another 1/2 dozen laps of overtaking and slowly moving up the field.

Then, the bl00dy cycle wing broke again.........

So, 2nd race, I'm about 10th into Gerrards on the first lap - on the inside this time. But one of the cars in front got a tap and spun. I couldn't avoid him and ripped the front corner off my car.

Game over!

A disappointing, yet encouraging day. Disappointing cos of all the aggro, but encouraging, cos I know I can definitely get onto the pace of the top 10............

Will have to miss Brands now to pay for repairs.............

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ste said:
Not a bad start at all Rob. Well done!

Looks like I won't see you at Brands then - will have to catch up later in the year. :cheers:

Cheers Ste. The lap chart makes interesting reading. I got up to 15th in the 8 (?) laps I did - VERY enjoyable!

Looking forward to getting a result on the board! But it won't be at Brands I'm afraid...............

I see you're out at Snett this weekend - good luck!

Think we'll both be at Donington if all goes according to plan!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Cheers. I won't be making Snetterton though. I decided a few weeks back to forget trying to be ready for then and I plan to make Brands in 4 weeks my first round.

I tested at Llandow last month and although the day went well, it threw all its water out in one session and is missing at the top end. I need to investigate. Also before it's legal to race I need to fabricate a splashbowl for my fuel filler and fit a cover to the fuel tank. If I hope to be able to stop on the first lap I need to fit a brake bias valve too. Ideally I need to get the alignment done and get it weighed too. It's possibly about 80kg under weight at the mo.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you've plenty to do!

One of the attractions of my car was that it was ready to go!

Best of luck with the preparations anyway - hope all goes well for you at Brands - and I'll see you at Donington with a bit of luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts