BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Re: BAHRAIN: M5 vs. FW26!!! (This friday)

Yup thats true. The official unvieling of the FW26 will be shown to the public on thursday at the Bahrain international track and on friday the car will go for a couple of laps. On the cards is the famous Shumacher race when he let 2 slower cars go while he read a newspaper and then beat them to the finish line.

I believe they will let a slow car (maybe) a 3 series or 1 series go first, then a faster car (never thought it would be the new M5 :eek:) and then the new williams.

Its going to be a great show and im going to be there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

Black M5 said:
. On the cards is the famous Shumacher race when he let 2 slower cars go while he read a newspaper and then beat them to the finish line.
That was actually Coulthard in the McLaren vs. a Merc A-class and a Merc. E50 (old model, before the E55 came out). I have it on video, and it seems pretty well staged.. it was timed perfectly so that he would pass them close to the finish line after giving them a LONG head start at the Silverstone track.

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts

Black M5 said:
Yup thats true. The official unvieling of the FW26 will be shown to the public on thursday at the Bahrain international track and on friday the car will go for a couple of laps. On the cards is the famous Shumacher race when he let 2 slower cars go while he read a newspaper and then beat them to the finish line.

I believe they will let a slow car (maybe) a 3 series or 1 series go first, then a faster car (never thought it would be the new M5 :eek:) and then the new williams.

Its going to be a great show and im going to be there :thumbsup:
I wonder how much Ralf would appreciate the M5 driver pulling a classic Schumacher manouveur (e.g. Michael crashing into Damon Hill while being overtaken, Michael crashing into Jacque Villeneuve while being overtaken).

The M5 should stand up quite well if it *were* to touch the FW26. ;)

·
Registered
4,813 Posts

Anzir said:
That was actually Coulthard in the McLaren vs. a Merc A-class and a Merc. E50 (old model, before the E55 came out). I have it on video, and it seems pretty well staged.. it was timed perfectly so that he would pass them close to the finish line after giving them a LONG head start at the Silverstone track.
Yes true but i believe shumacher did it first. Regardless, that will be the action tomorrow (friday) cuz its already early thursday morning here cherrsagai

Black z. I know u will be there

·
Registered
620 Posts

I guess this would be Ralfy last stunt with BMW-Williams :byee55amg

Maybe he should let the new M5 win :hihi: :hihi:

·
Registered
271 Posts

Black M5 said:
Yes true but i believe shumacher did it first. Regardless, that will be the action tomorrow (friday) cuz its already early thursday morning here cherrsagai

Black z. I know u will be there
Can you remember where this was?

I saw BMW do this before at Adelaide in April 2001. Had a 318i versus a Holden touring car versus the then current Williams F1 car. They had 3 runs, one per day with the 318i winning the last (just!).

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts

Here is the announcement in today's Gulf Daily News:

Williams' drivers arrive for team launch

BMW Williams drivers Mark Webber, Nick Heidfeld and Antonio Pizzonia arrived last night for the launch of their new livery for the 2005 season at the Bahrain International Circuit today at 4.30pm.

Director of Engineering at Williams Patrick Head and director BMW Motorsport Mario Theisen will also be present during the launch.

The BIC will also be the venue for a super car shoot-out tomorrow involving a Williams F1 car and the latest BMW M5 and M6 in a one lap challenge. This will be one of the highlights of a fun and action-packed day.

Bahrain's Mohammed Al Baharna, Hamed Al Fardan and Shaikh Salman Bin Rashid Al Khalifa will also drive a range of BMW cars.

The day is open to the public from 12noon and tickets can be purchased at the circuit or at BIC ticket outlets at Seef Mall, Dana Mall and Bahrai,

·
Registered
620 Posts

kees said:
Here is the announcement in today's Gulf Daily News:

Williams' drivers arrive for team launch

BMW Williams drivers Mark Webber, Nick Heidfeld and Antonio Pizzonia arrived last night for the launch of their new livery for the 2005 season at the Bahrain International Circuit today .....
Nick Heidfeld ? What happened to Button ?

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts

amfung said:
Nick Heidfeld ? What happened to Button ?
The FIA legal arbitration committee decided BAR had a sufficiently strong prior contract and invalidated the contract Button signed with Williams. Since then Button has made his peace with BAR and will be their lead driver for the 2005 season. Coincidently, the agent representing and advising Button during his attempts to leave BAR has mysteriously resigned this week... :hihi:

·
Registered
620 Posts

kees said:
...the agent representing and advising Button during his attempts to leave BAR has mysteriously resigned this week... :hihi:

Ummm, I wonder why :cool:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts

OK i found the schedule. How could i forget BIC's website. Silly me

http://www.bahraingp.com/en/content/event_BMW_Williams_Launch.asp

Ticket Incentive Prizewinners hot laps in BMW M5 with Drivers
10 laps per driver – 2 people in each car
Additional laps for select VIP Guests with local drivers
mmmmmm

Sorry Gustav but it seems i will get a ride in the e60 M5 before you do :haha:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts

myofb said:
I am in bahrain. I'm lucky , i redited this message thinking the event was last week. I think i might make it tomorrow, are there any more tickets available?
Im sure there will be plenty. Just get your 1 BD and a video camera ready

·
Registered
47 Posts

OK.... I think I had one of the most thrilling rides of my life today at the BIC:haha: I was at the BIC at around 8:30AM and they were testing the cars. I went to the alloted pit garage for the williams and saw the people working on the FW26smmmmmm I spent some time there chatting with some big BMW officials(dont ask me whohmmm ) So the first thing I asked about was the location of the M5 and the M6:noSMG:

I went to garage number 17 and there they were:eek: They really looked like 1000hp:hihi:

Anyways, I asked if I can catch a ride in one of them and the guy-simply-said yes:happybirt So, we jumped into the Navy Blue M5 and hit the track:M5launch: That thing was fast (really fast compared to an e39). Apparently the driver was a DTM champion and was enjoying his ride as well:haha: We were drifting and going sideways (Top Gear style) all over the track:hihi: And the one thing that really got me impressed was the braking!! That heavy weight machine really STOPS!!:rolleyes:

p.s. The M6 was on running-in, so couldn't be taken out at the track.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts