BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only thing I really wish my M5 had is a backup camera. Is anyone running one? If so what model?

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The only thing I really wish my M5 had is a backup camera. Is anyone running one? If so what model?

Cheers
Mike
From what I've read usdm models already has a wiring harness to the rear license plate but you gonna need a module to make it work.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I've read usdm models already has a wiring harness to the rear license plate but you gonna need a module to make it work.
Hmmm ok good to know. Wonder if any install shops would know what module or if I'll have to do the research and find an installer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The cameras are cheap, but hard to integrate unless you go with a separate screen such as an android. I am working on adding it to my M5. At least with an android screen you can easily add Carplay in addition to a back up camera.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cameras are cheap, but hard to integrate unless you go with a separate screen such as an android. I am working on adding it to my M5. At least with an android screen you can easily add Carplay in addition to a back up camera.
What screen are you using and where will you mount it?

·
Registered
2008 6MT M5 Interlagos Blue
7 Posts
I currently use a wireless license plate frame backup camera that feeds to a screen stuck to my window. It works fine but blocks the license plate lighting. I've seen the "OEM" retrofits for our cars from Bimmertech, I may give that a try. Doesn't look too bad of an install besides pulling up the trim/dash and getting the wiring through.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am using this from amazon and screwing it into my center dash. The screen fits near the beverage holder and mostly out of the way. Still work in progress.

Office supplies Camera accessory Tool Household cleaning supply Communication Device

1 - 7 of 7 Posts