BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they come out? I'm getting my windows tinted next week, and I was going to pull the rear headrests off to give the installer more room back there on the back glass....but I can't get them to move at all. I didn't see a tab like on the front ones to raise/ lower them.
Are they "fixed"?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm...ok, I'll give it another shot. They wiggle, but I couldn't get them to raise up. I wasn't trying too hard. I didn't want to break them if they didn't move....but i'll try again with a little more force.

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
and did you get them out??
I have to do the same actions next week, as mine windows getting tinted as wel.

Does anybody have instructions/ attention points how to remove front door trim??

·
Registered
279 Posts
and did you get them out??
I have to do the same actions next week, as mine windows getting tinted as wel.
+1

Tinting my windows soonishly (yep, new word invented specifically for this post).
Curious if anyone can confirm, otherwise we'll have to check with the service department, and I'm guessing they don't do many back seat swaps.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting the windows tinted tomorrow, so I just went out to fool with the headrests again. It took a little bit of figuring, but I got them out. I think they just have never been moved before. The way I got them out was I stuck my hand between the bottom of the headrest and seat top, between the two headrest rods, and wiggled the head rest as I was pushing up. They were in there snug, but they finally just lifted straight up and popped out.

Reactions: Gian124
1 - 7 of 7 Posts