BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is finally back on the road again. The engine broke the 28th of March and today all problems were resolved.
I have new engine, a new clutch, a new radiator (the mechanic broke it while slipping the engine back in again) and two new MAFs. The total cost was estimated to approximately $30.000.
Since BMW decided to pay for the engine I only had to pay my part of the insurance cost for the work. All-in-all I have the new engine and the other components for $2.000. Imust say I am pleased! :D
BMW Sweden has taken a very genrous decision and have found a perfectly matching problem report that made BMW Germany take the cost.
The service manager, named Håkan, of Carlson Bil in Örebro Sweden has managed to acheive what we call OTACE in my company. OTACE = On Time, Above Customer Expectations.
On Time, because has was determend to find the best solution for me quickly even though the administrative processes within my insurance company and BMW takes quite some time. Above Customer Expectations since he has always been very polite, interested, oriented towards resolving all issues and has managed to make me feel that I am a valued customer. It terms of patiens, he is a male Mother Theresa ;)
(even the insurance company was impressed by his service attitude) :15:

All-in-all, i am now a very happy BMW customer and will recommend BMW to anyone I discuss cars with.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Now this was very impressive. And this was for an M5 without warranty (Euro plus) and imported, right?

CONGRATULATIONS!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Its nice to hear a bit of good news from time to time, thanks for the update, Josh

·
Registered
931 Posts
Very well done by all parties involved. I am impressed. It is great when a company steps up and does the right thing.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gustav said:
Now this was very impressive. And this was for an M5 without warranty (Euro plus) and imported, right?

CONGRATULATIONS!
No, I'm afraid not. The imported one is my old E34 M5. This was originally the car of the managing director of BMW in Stockholm (sold new in Sweden). I think that basically means that it was used for potential clients who wanted to test an M5 as well.
Never the less, it was without guarante.
Oh, and today the service rep. called me and said that he had seen that the garage in Stockholm had fixed the remaining parts and that I now have it in my possession and he asked "I everything OK with the car? Any problems? Are you satisfied?". A very rear service attitude indeed :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts