BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not been on here for many years.

Some of the old timers on here might remember me. I first appeared with an Artic Silver 6spd which unfortunately came to a sticky ending when i exceeded my driving capabilities. here she is before the miserable ending.

I then moved onto my dream car, an Imola Red E39 M5. I loved every minute of that car and was very sad to see it go

I'm delighted to announce I'm back behind the wheel of BMW's finest.
following a post I made on here(E28 section) a couple of weeks ago I was contacted by a fellow board member who offered me LE No. 21 and a deal was subsequently done. I picked her up last week and the smile has re-appeared.

It seems a largely original example but IMO is in need of a bit of TLC.

Over the coming months I'll be endeavouring to bring this car back to its finest

It's great to be back behind the wheel of an M, I feel human again!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome back Steve. If you need anything you know just to contact me. Nice looking example too.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Nice to see you picked up an e34 Stevie, I remember seeing your e39 at the Wheel Inn at Scone a couple of years back. Is no 21 the one from Bournemouth ? Also, if you need any dealer only stuff and the Fairbairns and Parks of the world are not too helpful I can get a reasonable deal via Eastern, hope she's good to you !

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers guys.

Toby, how's life mate? I'll be contacting you no doubt mate in the near future. Just need to get my list of required bits n pieces sorted.

Phil, was that the Total BMW mag shoot meet? that was a monster meet.
I picked the car up in Aberdeen, I'm lead to believe it came from the London area.
Thanks for the offer, that's very kind of you, I may take you up on that. I had a good contact at Dougie Parks but it's been a while since I've been there, he may have moved on by now.

cherrsagai

·
Registered
707 Posts
that imola was great looking. ;)
congratulations on the "new" ride. :D

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Good purchase, that is the sister car to mine as I own number 20. The Rosso LE's all look to be in better condition than the Orinocco's. I have now seen 6 of the original 15. Maybe we should look at holding an LE Reunion with the cars lined up by LE number not chassis number.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Welcome Home Steve

Nice to see a member of the same vintage as myself back (april 02) Stunning car there fella:tonquesmilie: hope you enjoy as much as you cherish

Keep us all updated on your progress on the tidy up

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Congratulations stevie53 ........ the car was owned by a North Londoner from 20t miles through to 95t and appeared to be well looked after .

How many miles has she covered now ?

D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers guys,

@VIP, the Imola went to the Kent area. that was a fantastic car.

@legacy260, If it hadn't been a Rosso Red I'd have been going for an E28 M5 instead as the Orinoco doesn't float my boat. I'd be up for a meet at somepoint, will probably need plenty of notice though.

@215m3, I'll pass on your best to Gary. We were all away in the Lakes last weekend, he's not changed one bit still nuts!! Someone will be getting a very good car whoever buys Duncs GT.

@Steve Mac, here mate, that vintage carry on is making me feel old!:7:
I'll keep you all informed of the progress.

@Davidoli, your info ties in with what the previous owner told me. the mileage is about 97500t at the moment. Don't think there'll be much going on it in the near future. Off to Holland this weekend to work for 6mths.:grrrr:
:cheers:

Reactions: davidoli

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congratulations :M5thumbs:
BMW e34 M5 in Rosso red looks similiar to Calypso rot which is one off my favorited color on e34 M5.
Also Your e39 M5 was in the best colour in my opinion for e39 M5 :applause:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Very nice indeed. Glad you've made to decision to go "back" in time after the E39. Looks of the E34 is so much better then the E39 if you ask me.....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Welcome back steve..

I just logged in and was surprised to see my last login was June 2008!!

Mine died around that time and has been in my garage for almost 3 years...garage clear out last weekend uncovered the beast but lots of work required to fix her up. Will get around to it eventually. Will need some help from this board.

Nice car you've got there but I haven't seen it running around Aberdeen! In fact I can't remember the last time I saw am M5 locally....seriously rare car now in this part of the world!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Gorgeous! Man I wish I was in the UK...E34's are so easy to find over there!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Welcome back steve..

I just logged in and was surprised to see my last login was June 2008!!

Mine died around that time and has been in my garage for almost 3 years...garage clear out last weekend uncovered the beast but lots of work required to fix her up. Will get around to it eventually. Will need some help from this board

Think I am not alone in saying we all will be looking forward to the revival of the Kashmire beige one

Pics and posts a must!

Reactions: Jon Baker
1 - 16 of 16 Posts