BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening to all, Gentlemen, Ladies, distinguished lads, chaps, blokes and dear friends, Sean, Jerry, Roger, Mav, Karman, my brother Buzz (rest in peace Beast 2K) and of course the Boss man Himself, the G-Man

First I must apologize for my apparent disappearance and most obvious silence, and for some of u, I apologize for my return

Yes some may not remember me but there are those that do

To sum up the past year or so

No Work( No money) + No Visa = (Sell Babies + Move out + Move Back to the UK) X No USA to the power of, what the hell am I gonna do with out no babies

HOWEVER, Last Min Visa + Enrolment for MBA & MA = Don’t sell Babies + Stay in USA to the power of KEEP THE BABIES

So I have secured myself a place back in the US, didn’t have to do anything other than panic about a week before I was going to move back across the pond and then everything worked out for the best.

So now that u all know I am back and u can put me back on your block list I have a few posts I can feel brewing after a long abstinence and I look forward to hearing your comments

Here is a quick rundown of the posts I will be churning out over the next few days

Post the first - what ever happened to the Dinan S2 low power issue that a bunch of us were knee deep in( including myself) – since I have seen a few more S2’s pop up can I assume that Mr. Dinan has addressed the rating issue – if so has the price of the system been adequately reduced or has the ratings been adequately reduced??

Post the second – am I the only over suspiciously dodgy britt who things the combination of the power button and the SMG tranny on the E60 M5 is just a perfect way for BMW to hold every second of our driving pleasure under the microscope and immediately deny any interesting warranty claims due to “abusive driving”

Post the Third – I am trying exceedingly hard to ignore the E60 and pretend to hate it due to bangle, bangle and balgle and the price tag, but what else is out there NADDA that’s what..

So there u have it chaps long lost friends,

It is indeed a pleasure to be a member of the best board on the net and I cant wait to get back into annoying the hell out of u - and mark my words it will happen muahahahahahaahahah

See u all out there :M5launch:

M5MARK :D – back in action

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Welcome back Jimmy,

Its been very quiet over here other than some action going on in California. Click below to see what you have missed. Enjoy :M5launch:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Good to hear from you again - if you're back in London any time soon let me know (E60 M5 arriving Sept 05 in spite of what you say!!)

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Glad to see you back with us Jimmy. Now what MBA program are you going to attend (I know you were mentioneing BU last time you were on the board)?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An Apology

Dearest Friends, old and new.. in my enthusiasm to get back to the most esteemed community on the net I somehow skipped a greeting to the one man who is totally responsible for my obsession for the beast - infact I hold him totally responsible for my purchase of two of them and my love for all things E39

I am talking about your friend and mince Mr. Black M5

For those who don’t know why this man is responsible for all these “issues” my financial advisor wishes I would avoid, allow me to re-cap

I ask u to turn your minds back to November of 1999

I walked in to possible the worst dealer on the east coast – Herb bloody Chambers to see where my name was on the M5 waiting list, only to find out that I had been bumped yet again and a nice 10k had been illegally added to my original sales contract. I decide not to turn over chairs and tables and walk out and wait for legal council, as I wander away a black 2000 M5 pulls up in the side entrance of the building and I stand totally stunned in total awe of the beast and the first I have ever seen one the road.

Our dear friend, Black M5 steps out and chats with some wankers at the dealership. I slowly approach the car, wiping drool from my chin and become transfixed on the beast parked in front of me

The lucky owner of one of the first cars in the US notices the pool of drool collecting at my feet and comes over to have a chat – I bombard him with a number of questions but the most important of all at that time was “how tall r u?” since I am 6’5 I was worried that I would be unable to fit in the beast after the nightmare of getting hold of it.

As it happens the kind sir offers me the opportunity to sit in the car and play with the seat.. WOW – not only does the kind chap allow me to sit in the car and fiddle with the seating position he practically demands that I take it for a spin and I most certainly accept- well long story short, after almost skipping first and backing the car into a rather large wall and certainly getting o know the rev-limiter I was totally sold… So from time to time the kind chap would even have me take his car while he was in class to keep her warm

So after all is said and done it is our kind friend Abdullah that is responsible for my obsession with the beast and I thank him and salute him and so does BMW FS – the way I see it he should get a cut of the many accounts I have had with them because of his friendship and generosity, guidance and ability to convince me to spend my cash..

So there u are chaps – an apology and a salute to one of the most active, crazy speed freaks out there Mr. Black M5

See u soon mate

M5Mark:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gus said:
Good to hear from you again - if you're back in London any time soon let me know (E60 M5 arriving Sept 05 in spite of what you say!!)

Allo Allo Gus, congrats on the impending E60 - all my rantings is just subconious justification from not having the cash right now (bloody school)

I hope to be in lonodon some time early next year and it would be a pleasure to bump in to u again.

Did u ever have that cigar i chucked at u before u dispaered back into the office?

And can i assume all the warrenty issues are resolved

Driven any outragious cars lately?

It would be nice to catch up - look after London for me

M5Mark:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TCM said:
Glad to see you back with us Jimmy. Now what MBA program are you going to attend (I know you were mentioneing BU last time you were on the board)?
Afternoon Mate - nice to hear from u

As for MBA's i was searching for a dual MBA and MA in interntaional relations / biz kind of thing

I found a few, one with BU but thats a long story and I am happy to say i found a much better offer and a much better school

Since i was in DC and all my contacts are still here all doing what they are doing best i decided to go for the dual MBA and MA in International Communications / Technology (which fits exactly with what i was doing)at American University with the Kogod School of Biz and the AU SIS - School of International Service - good people good programs and good location for me

Despite my love for boston and my connections with the school everything went wrong and they went out of their way to have me happily look for a better place to be - but thats another story..

but i considder myself lucky to be here and i am enjoying the first semester but i can tell u with 100% certainty that i will not be an accountant and i hate core classes as much as i did in undergrad.. Essentially scholl never changes insofar as deliverables, level of politics the level of immuturuty or its students, etc it just gets more bloody expensive.

R u looking for schools right now? best of luck with the GMAT and all that horor

see u out there mate

M5mark:D

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Welcome back Jimmy!

all the best
adam

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts