BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great. Did you use a shop based on recommendations and just go with the insurance preferred?
I used trusted and proven place (fixed several BMWs & Audi for me in the past) - Dick's Autobody in Somerville,MA, they are not cheap and relatively slow, but worth it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How long did it take to get your car back on the road?

My e60 M5 went in there in early August for a new hood, fender, and bumper after an illegal immigrant with (no drivers license, no English, driving a borrowed car) ran into my front end. The guy was arrested and I was on my way to Sansossio Auto Body to get it repaired but my Insurance came out to my house where the car was parked and insisted on Dicks.

It was Early August and Frank sold me that he was the best and assured me I would be back on the road in 4 weeks and I would have an estimate in one business day. I knew something was amiss when he took well over a month to do the estimate.

Its now FIVE months later and he has not completed my car - I'm gong out of my mind.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Nice wheels! Any more photos?

My e60 M5 went in there in early August for a new hood, fender, and bumper after an illegal immigrant with (no drivers license, no English, driving a borrowed car) ran into my front end. The guy was arrested and I was on my way to Sansossio Auto Body to get it repaired but my Insurance came out to my house where the car was parked and insisted on Dicks.

It was Early August and Frank sold me that he was the best and assured me I would be back on the road in 4 weeks and I would have an estimate in one business day. I knew something was amiss when he took well over a month to do the estimate.

Its now FIVE months later and he has not completed my car - I'm gong out of my mind.
Speak with your insurance company/adjuster, make sure they're not dicking Dick's around lol..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice wheels! Any more photos?

Speak with your insurance company/adjuster, make sure they're not dicking Dick's around lol..
Surprisingly insurance has been very good and cut generous checks to Dicks long ago, my adjuster has been pushing Dicks to complete the job, they just keep putting it off and adding more work. Currently they are in the process of ordering air bag sensors from Germany (my air bags didn't go off) but he just ordered the sensors in December - the car has been there for 5 months - should have been addressed long long ago.

I had to get another shop to install the headlights because he claimed his tech couldn't figure out the wiring - I went over to Dicks and drove it a mile down the road to another shop who installed them in a couple hours (out of my pocket) after Dicks had been fooling with them from September to November. I brought it back for the final touches such as clearing the error codes. That was in November and he promised I'd be back on the road before Thanksgiving... 8 weeks later nothing.

But he also told me I'd be back on the road before Labor Day.. before October.. before Halloween etc.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I would not let my car sit at a shop even 2 months for something as cut and dry as that. They should have looked at the car, figured out everything it needed, ordered said things then installed them then painted it or whatever else it needed. 5 months is ludicrous. I'd be raising hell...

Sounds like they are squeezing as much as they can from your insurance - very shady. I'd tell your insurance what's going on and set a firm deadline for this bodyshop to finish they work and if they miss that deadline I'd move the car to another shop. I know at least my insurance will cut me a check and often recommend a shop - but ultimately I'd be in control of what shop works on it

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Surprisingly insurance has been very good and cut generous checks to Dicks long ago, my adjuster has been pushing Dicks to complete the job, they just keep putting it off and adding more work. Currently they are in the process of ordering air bag sensors from Germany (my air bags didn't go off) but he just ordered the sensors in December - the car has been there for 5 months - should have been addressed long long ago.

I had to get another shop to install the headlights because he claimed his tech couldn't figure out the wiring - I went over to Dicks and drove it a mile down the road to another shop who installed them in a couple hours (out of my pocket) after Dicks had been fooling with them from September to November. I brought it back for the final touches such as clearing the error codes. That was in November and he promised I'd be back on the road before Thanksgiving... 8 weeks later nothing.

But he also told me I'd be back on the road before Labor Day.. before October.. before Halloween etc.
Tell the insurance that the body shop has failed to fixed the car and you want not only the car finished, but compensation for the excessive time that you have been paying (assuming that you have a payment) for the car and insurance. Also, let the body shop and ins. know that if the car is not finished by (insert reasonable date (e.g. 2 weeks)) to your satisfaction that the car will be being sent to another shop and your lawyer will be contacting them. 1 month is a long time for a repair (baring hard to source parts). There was a 435i at my body shop, I had to have the front fascia replaced after hitting a raccoon, that had been waiting on a new convertible roof, from Germany, for two months. five months is unforgivable.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I am sorry to hear about your troubles, Frank never acted shady with me and all matters were attended in proper way. It took full 45 days and I didn’t push them too much due to my dense travel schedule…

Don’t want to speculate, but you better put all records straight with Insurance Company, may be uninsured motorist involved affected timely decisions/payments?

Good luck in getting your car back soonest!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts