BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts
Reactions: Clemster
Adam, sorry I missed this thread till now. What exhaust are you running on it? I owe you measurements for the tips of the Dinans, the car is in the shop right now getting new purty shoes on. Once I get her home tomorrow or Thursday, Ill get them to you.

Love the videos and OMG love the sound of that blow off.

Wicked car bro.

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Adam, sorry I missed this thread till now. What exhaust are you running on it? I owe you measurements for the tips of the Dinans, the car is in the shop right now getting new purty shoes on. Once I get her home tomorrow or Thursday, Ill get them to you.

Love the videos and OMG love the sound of that blow off.

Wicked car bro.
Thanks, Chris! My current exhaust is the B+B Triflo with the 3 1/2" tips that look badass. Aesthetically they are awesome but just lack the explosive sound that a supercharged car should have. Nice and rumbly at idle and around town but they get pretty quiet when I want them not to be....like at 7000 rpms on full boost!

The Dinan cans that I'm getting for a very generous price are in need of some love. The cans and tips have a decent layer of rust and that won't fly. I'm thinking of painting the cans matte black and having Tim fashion some replacement tips to dress things up a bit.

BTW, how do you like your Dinan cans? And what's this about new shoes??

Opportunity!!!!
I think the new family addition of an alien that happens to share 1/2 of my DNA tells the story......

The Dinan cans that I'm getting for a very generous price are in need of some love. The cans and tips have a decent layer of rust and that won't fly. I'm thinking of painting the cans matte black and having Tim fashion some replacement tips to dress things up a bit.

adam, I have a dynamite polishing guy if you are interested in that route.

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Polish and elbow grease could sort those out! Labour of love!

he's really good....i'll see if i can find his number somewhere around here.

Yes new shoes. Will post pix once I get the car back... hopefully TODAY ugh, driving me crazy.

Oh and I EFFING LOVE my Dinan cans. Aside from straight pipes, these sound amazing.

Due to the new shoes and rubber going on I went out the other night with the explicit purpose of doing burnouts on my threadbare tires. I thought I would give them a good send off.

Ill post videos of that too once my buddy finishes editing them. That way you can hear them from start up to full out launch. (yes I dumped the clutch)

Thanks for sharing! Glad that Brecus clutch is working out great! I'm thinking about going with that setup as well. I can't remember if you said the brecus was paired with the a new stock flywheel or a lightened one...

I heard this car-and-driver combo may have some interesting news......

Reactions: Hdhntr23 and sor118
Discussion starter · #73 ·
Discussion starter · #77 · (Edited)
FI E39 M5 1/4 Mile Record

Fortunately and also unfortunately, yes.
<sigh> It's been 3 1/2 years since Thrilos5, driving my car, set the current S3 1/4 mile record at Atco. I'm still waiting... :biggrinbounce:
</sigh>

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.