BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Signs that you have a newborn:

He woke you up at 3:00 am to be fed (you are sleeping in your E39 M5). You go to change him and he launches a scud across the room which does a rorshach on the wall (looks like my E39 M5) and then pees on your face for good measure. I got the last laugh, because I peed in his.

Also, a question for those of you who have, had or were newborns. If they are asleep, again in your E39 M5 (see, see not off topic), and they poop, do you change the diaper and wake them, or let them sleep?

-Kmac Handy

·
Registered
526 Posts
Change them when they wake up !

I have 2.5 year old twins. I am the expert on babies !!!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Also, a question for those of you who have, had or were newborns. If they are asleep, again in your E39 M5 (see, see not off topic), and they poop, do you change the diaper and wake them, or let them sleep?

-Kmac Handy
Unless they start crying, I would let them sleep.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love you guys. I do the same.

But one drop of oil weeps out of that engine and - WHAM - in the shop she goes.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
If the baby poops and is a sleep I change it. Diaper rash is way worse.

I have a 14 Month old and a 3 year old. Only 1 in diapers anymore.

They are in my M5 all the time.

Bob

·
Registered
804 Posts
I am still amazed you would but a child at any age into a M5
My 5 months old cries everywhere except in the beast. He cries at home, at the mall, in my Nissan, just everywhere. But when he's in the M5 he just sits there and it seems he enjoys the beastly sound :M5launch:

·
Registered
261 Posts
+1 Diaper rash is way worse.

Here's some screwed up logic for you. "How could there diaper be wet, I just changed them!"

Congrats! You'll find toilet training harder than changing diapers. At least that's what I'm finding.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
You gotta change it. Diaper rash is worse for you and the baby.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
No safer auto to put your babies in that the M, i'd just give some real thought to covering the rear seat before strapping in car seats and such.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I let mine sleep (in the M ;)) until she wake up, then I change the diaper. I've also invested in the zymol of diaper cream, and have not had a rash problem yet.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ladykats, are you kidding? I honestly think the M5 is one of the safest cars on the road. Built like a tank. My wife is pregnant now, and my M5 is our family car.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I let mine sleep. He has not had any issues with diaper rash but he is a bear when he does not get enough sleep.

My son loves to ride in daddy's car and likes it when it goes zooooom, unlike mom's honda pilot which has no zooom at all.

BTW, I have installed the universal seat cover for the rear seats, which protects from the occasional spill or vomit. I also have the same car seat in both cars and have a 3rd/alternate seat cover in the event of a accident. I find its just best to be prepared. I used to carry extra set of clothes, towels, wipes, diapers, etc in the trunk. As well as some snacks or food for that occasional low sugar condition.

·
Registered
526 Posts
You gotta change it. Diaper rash is worse for you and the baby.
You got to use a proper barrier cream like Fissen paste etc.:thumbsup:zzzzz

Okay enough talk about babies, lets get back to cars:typing:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Equal parts mint Maalox and Aquafor makes the best diaper rash creme, at least for our kids.

My son doesn't like dirty diapers and let's us know it - so he gets changed asap. Our daughter was the same.

She also likes it when we go "Superfast."

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
You become a pro when you can change clothes and they remain asleep!
I accomplished that last friday for the first time!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congratulations. I'd definitely recommend changing the baby right away. Diaper rash can be painful for the baby, which makes the whole diaper changing thing much less fun. I have two boys ages 5 and 3, and a little girl who just turned 1. I am the diaper-master. :7:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts