BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All
it is time for me to sell 'Lucie' the B8 Touring I have owned for almost 3 years now. Other financial committments (university fees, and other family cars) mean she has to go.

During my time with her we have done some great trips: LeMans 24 hours, Spa 6 Hour Weekend, Dijon Racing Weekend and run to Chamonix and back. I would like to offer her to any forum user before she goes onto Mobile.de and Pistonheads.com. please email me if you wish to see her. Lucie is now due an Inspection II Service which I will either have done at a main dealer or negotiate a price reduction if new owner wishes to do this. I am seeking Euros 17,000.

ALPINA B8 TOURING - December 1996

<DIV align=center>No. 14 of 27 B8 Tourings<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">UK</st1:country-region></st1:place>).
Last service at Vines BMW Gatwick (139kms) in May 2010
· Heated seats, climate control, trip computer, cruise control, rear parking sensors
· Delivered 23.12.96. in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Germany</st1:country-region></st1:place> (original German documents are with the car)
· Imported into <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">UK</st1:country-region></st1:place> in 2002
· 5 owners. 2 in <st1:country-region w:st="on">Germany</st1:country-region> & 3 in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region>
· MOT to June 2011 and Road Tax to May 2011
· Replaced during my ownership since 2008:
o Radiator
o All coolant hoses
o Head gaskets (M5 gaskets used)
o Clutch
o Dual-mass flywheel
o Power steering hoses
o Upper sump (as part of other work)
o Front decal stripes
o Rear brake discs and pads
o <st1:place w:st="on">Battery</st1:place>
o 4 New Continental tyres fitted November 2010

128.JPG

Le Mans Grid 2 sml.jpg

Gaydon - Lucie with Chris Tranter's B8 - 1.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pitt. I hope you have had as much fun as me with your Touring. I have had lots of people stop and talk to me when in the B8 so am proud to have owned her. Unfortunately my wife rarely drives Lucie. She finds a LHD car in the UK awkward (car park machines etc., are all on the wrong side!!). Lucie has been excellent for long trips to Europe and is reasonably good on fuel too (27mpg on tour) but I need to consolidate the number of cars I own!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi Berni ,

Long time no hear , hope you're fine and doing well .
Sry to hear that you have to part company with Lucie . We've had a good couple of meetings together in the past .
Good luck with selling her , and I hope she finds as good a new home as she's had with you .

All the best for you and the family .
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts