BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice from you Alpina experts.

My car has 110k km.

Up until yesterday afternoon i would have said that my B8 had a beautifully balanced, stable suspension setup. A real joy to drive at high speed, confidence inspiring if you will.

Now however, literally the suspension has changed like night and day. High speed the car fidgets, almost as if one wheel wants to go another direction to the other one.

The car wallows at high speed, and is certainly not stable on the autobahn.

I have several theories.

A) I hope it is this one, my suspension rubber bushes have decayed and subsequently expired, this happened to the ctr, and the ctr had similar symptoms to the b8.

B) The car is 10 years old and thus perhaps something more expensive has happened and the shock absorbers have gone awol...

Any thoughts, im scratchig my head, and wholly peeved,

all the best
adam

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just check the rear trail arm bushings (Tonnenlager Hinterachse/unterer Lenker)and the front trail arms and bushings (unterer Querlenker inkl. hinterem Lager)

The Michelins arent very good with low profile too.

I had the same problems-we sorted this out with a Schnitzer Suspension kit and my custom made sway bars-just ask Michael, he drove my car last year-and he was satisfied.

I think user mill has one front sway bar, i have one for the rear end. The sway bar is made to Schnitzer specifications.

·
Registered
477 Posts
alpinab846 said:
Just check the rear trail arm bushings (Tonnenlager Hinterachse/unterer Lenker)and the front trail arms and bushings (unterer Querlenker inkl. hinterem Lager)
Peter is probably right with the bushings. I would check these first. Mine were completely torn when I changed them.

Cheers, Alex

·
Registered
448 Posts
Tyres could also be the culprit... I put a set of cheap'n'crappy tyres on the GT for a driftcourse. First time I drove them on the highway I stepped out of the car looking a bit white around the nose, because of all the wobbling the rearend was doing.
Seems a bit unlikely to just happen overnight though, but might be worth looking into. Checking the pressure would be the first step I guess.

Good luck with it, hope to see you around the ring sometime.

Regards,

Gerrit

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gerrit,

Cheers for the advice buddy, i think it could be the tyre pressure, will check it now.

all the best
adam

·
Registered
722 Posts
Adam said:
Hi Gerrit,

Cheers for the advice buddy, i think it could be the tyre pressure, will check it now.

all the best
adam
Hi Adam,

I don't suppose this is bothering much now.... just checked the date and guess you must be out playing in the new toy???

Hope it turns out to be every bit as good as hoped!

Dave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts