BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Car could be in real good condition and older Alpinas are rare but that is a lot of money asked. Is the price of Alpina based on the barril of oil?

·
Registered
669 Posts
OMG....34.000 English pound = +67,000 dollars?
please tell me if I am crazy...but that is a lot of money.

·
Registered
77 Posts
yes, US $ 67,000 ...but that is "asking price" and the car is not sold yet. And it could be for sale for a while...Although Alpinas are rare, they do not have yet the "aura" and values of Ferrari, Lambo and other prestige cars, so the number of potential buyers is more limited.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The price is heavy and I do not think that this car will be bought for GBP 40.000,-. Not at all.

If the price is to compare with the price for a barrel of oil, it will increase amazingly ouich

Sure old Alpinas are rare but in fact we do not have such a great community and not even such a great number of buyers who would pay the price easily.

IMO EUR 20.000,- would even be a good profit for the seller.

regards,

Ralf

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ralf.

The asked price in Japan was aprox 20.000 Eur then you have the transport to Europe aprox 2.000 USD and then finally the taxes. So sell it for 20.000 Eur taxed and ready is not a good idea hmmm

I think a fair price for this car is aprox 24-25.000 GBP

BTW Nice car lovelove

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi Ando,

OK, if the car was sold in Japan for EUR 20.000,00 so the costs for the shipping and the taxes should also be to consider.

I am curious which prices will be paid for B7 Coupés with full options (leather equipment, A/C, speed control, etc.) when this one already costs GBP 40.000,-. :3:

·
Administrator
8,801 Posts
Hi Ando,

OK, if the car was sold in Japan for EUR 20.000,00 so the costs for the shipping and the taxes should also be to consider.

I am curious which prices will be paid for B7 Coupés with full options (leather equipment, A/C, speed control, etc.) when this one already costs GBP 40.000,-. :3:
You're asking 2 different questions... "which prices will be paid" and "this one costs". There are really not many people who will pay 40k GBP for "an old BMW Coupe". The only group I see doing that are US-based E65 B7 owners...maybe. And this one doesn't have DOT/EPA papers.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Kees,

in fact there was only one question: What prices might full equipped B7 Coupés achieve on the market?

I just wanted to express that this B7 in my eyes is a little bit high rated and I wanted to compare this "standard" B7 with the later better equipped ones.

Sorry if you have understand it in another way.

Yes for sure, E65 B7 owners would pay such pricesyawnnnn

regards,

Ralf

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I often watch the Oakfields site - they have a consistently interesting inventory that takes time to turn so I guess they reckon the wait will be worth it. But then we watched Maxstead Page with the B12 at £55k for way over a year, nearer two, before a buyer was found. So...the B7 is worth the asking if one person will pay it, but that person is unlikely to come from this board judging by our reaction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts