BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly 3 years old now, 28,000 miles, still best "daily driver" I have ever owned ..........no words needed pictures say it all :biggrin::biggrin:

Oh and yes I know the 'I' has fallen off the rear bagde....... still waiting for replacement to arrive, which I expect will be gold plated considering how much it cost :eek:h:

Attachments

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Just lovely! You should be happy to see the latest stats fro mGerman Auto Bild Sportscars where they tested the new BMW ALPINA B5 BiTurbo F10-generation vs Brabus E B63S based of the E63 AMG.

They noted the 0-300 km/h time for the BMW ALPINA B5S (E60) was 38.6 s at the time of their test the new BMW ALPINA B5 BiTurbo was 51,3 s (Brabus 50,7 s).

·
Registered
337 Posts
I agree completely. It’s hard to imagine a better daily driver. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The daily grind into work through the traffic can be a task and a half but the comfort and ambience eases the journey. However once in a while the traffic will open up and the driving gods give you some green lights then you stretch the right foot. Even now after 2 years of ownership it still surprises me with just how capable, assured and indecently rapid the car is.<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG !! Rear badge price

BMW dealer parts guy called me today to say that my replacement rear ALPINA badge had arrived but it was the old style one.
My car has the new style fitted which is more expensive. He was embarrased to quote me the price which was "more than £100 sir" :eek:oohhh::eek:oohhh::eek:oohhh:

No way I am paying that :eek7::eek7:

Will see what can be found on E Bay......... anyone got any other ideas ............ I really only need the "I"

·
Registered
821 Posts
Doesn't surprise me. The old-style badge was circa £70. You can pick it up more cheaply if you collect from Buchloe - drop a note to Kyle who's going to be passing their door shortly...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts