BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Just received my copy of EVO for June and there is a driven article regarding the B5s.

Comes to a very telling conclusion. But I will not spoil it for you by telling you what that is......!

Simon

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
How does the article compare to the one in the May edition of BMW car magazine?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does the article compare to the one in the May edition of BMW car magazine?
Seems like we are back to the situation with the E34 era...

With the BiTurbo and the M5 ... The Alpina delivers its possibly greater performance in a more relaxed manner and thus becomes a much more useable car because of it.

So yes they do really come to the same conclusion.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Seems like we are back to the situation with the E34 era...
With the BiTurbo and the M5 ... The Alpina delivers its possibly greater performance in a more relaxed manner and thus becomes a much more useable car because of it. .

I disagre about E34 M5 vs ALPINA BITURBO

in my opinion the M5 is a better daily driver than the BT.. ((why??))
Both car needs min. 50°c oil heat before blast.. the S38 is much more throttle-responce for city drive and for a spin//slide// wide-cornes MUCH more fun to drive..
the BT clutch is VERY HEAVY.. there is a lag,, VERY HIGH gearing and not so quick on the throttle as a S38,,

BUT,,,,,,, when the roads clear out the BT is a clear winner with the pokal on every level 1,,2,,3,
the thrust is amazing and in the year 2008 it is nice to think almost 2 decades back ,, and imagine how it was in 1990 when the tech-team @ ALPINA was testing this fantastic masterpiece..

I have a E30 cabrio w/S38B38 and it pulls from a 335 E93 in every gear
but when i drive the BT ,, the S38 is so lame .. this is what pulling power does ,, it seems to be more powerful than it really is

I have driven a E60 M5 a lot and i can not understand these negative critics about the SMG,, i LOVE IT

B5S vs M5 ((E60)) i dont know ........but 700+ nm is A LOT ,,, so i guess the B5 should be a FRIENDLY car,, :haha:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts