BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought Hythe's B5 Touring and decided to rebadge it. I finally got round to cleaning it and taking pics before it got dirty again!

Wife now wants to get rid of the stripes, but I quite like them!

Love the car - perfect family tourer.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Very Nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Keep the stripes...!

I've always thought they balance out the design of the car quite nicely - the E61 can look a touch slab-sided without them, particularly around the rear haunches, but the stripes somehow improve it, IMHO.

Can't remember the last time I saw it so clean!

Hope you're enjoying the ultimate family-hauling machine (M5T and new RS6 included)

Still think that car's a criminally well-kept secret - it's almost as if Sytner never wanted to sell any of them...

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Bond..James Bond :D

cool car you got from an equally cool previous owner..Just not sure about them stripes :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
I like the stripes, as Hythe says it balances the car out.

Very nice looking car by the way, what is the name of the colour ... not sure I would have badged the car though, you know it is an Alpina without!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
It's Malachitgruen, or Malachite Green - one of the BMW Individual colours.

Originally I signed up for Alpinagruen (the original) but the factory said nooo, don't want to do that, try Malachitgruen on this car. Maybe that's why Alpinagruen II looks a lot like it (with a touch more blue).

Interior is Extended Individual Perforated Caramel Merino. Theoretically not a possible combination, even in an Individual at that time.

Wout, what are you after? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I know this is a very old post but I bought this car a couple of weeks ago and found this thread when originally researching it. The last owner (c7 years) had a lot of work done to restore her to pretty much as new condition and she is a stunner.

I fell foul of the (unknown to me until I checked on some forums) issue of blocked sunroof drains last week after loads of rain (water in the boot well meaning the air suspension module having a mare and dropping the car low) so currently having the electrics sorted and hopefully back on the road in the coming week but my first few drives were amazing. I plan on using her a lot but she's not my daily so at least I'm not stuck, just pining!

Hythe and HeiHei what did you move onto afterwards? - M5 as on this board, or more Alpina's?

Cheers,

Jules

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I know this is a very old post but I bought this car a couple of weeks ago and found this thread when originally researching it. The last owner (c7 years) had a lot of work done to restore her to pretty much as new condition and she is a stunner.

I fell foul of the (unknown to me until I checked on some forums) issue of blocked sunroof drains last week after loads of rain (water in the boot well meaning the air suspension module having a mare and dropping the car low) so currently having the electrics sorted and hopefully back on the road in the coming week but my first few drives were amazing. I plan on using her a lot but she's not my daily so at least I'm not stuck, just pining!

Hythe and HeiHei what did you move onto afterwards? - M5 as on this board, or more Alpina's?

Cheers,

Jules
Ha - I just chanced by this forum and saw your post. It's so long ago I had to recreate a new logon!!

Amazing to have 3 of the 4 owners of this car on the same thread spanning almost 12 years!! Congrats on the purchase - I have to admit I very nearly bought the car back off Dan myself, knowing how much effort he put into restoring it.
When I bought the B5, I very nearly bought an M5 Touring, but really was desperate to get a B5. With there being just 4, the chances were pretty remote, but I emailed Hythe on the off chance he was thinking of selling, and the rest is history. It was/is an awesome family car.

I sold the B5 to buy the D5 as soon as it came out. Great car, but didn't have the character of your B5. After approx 4 years of that, I switched into an RS6 which is epic, but doesn't have the "in the know" subtlety of Alpinas which I love. As such, I'm now considering moving back to a B5.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi HeiHei, and thanks for the reply. That's a lovely list of cars owned, I know RS6's are very quick and I've driven quite a lot of quick stuff (Astons, 911 Turbo - not mine) but there is something about the way the power develops with the supercharger in the B5 that is very intoxicating including the noise and makes me giggle like a kid when I get the chance to give the loud pedal a proper push.

Hope you get back in a B5 and if you are ever going to be in the Reading/Basingstoke area and want to see your old car again give me a shout. I'm planning on keeping her for perpetuity though so not open to any offers! :D

Cheers, Jules

1 - 12 of 12 Posts