BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My salesman at Sytner told me this morning that apparently, according to Kris Odwarka, my B5 Touring is going to be the very first customer car, worldwide!

Very cool... :D

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ktroubridge said:
Is your delivery date still October? mmmmmm

Kevin.
Yup

·
Banned
664 Posts
that spec and 0001 = WOW !

Can't wait to see it

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll have to start a Fastestates.com website.... hiha

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
As with most Alpina models #001 was the showcar at Geneva. And Synter and Nicole might get demonstrators too. So you'll get a very low serial number.

Having the first customer car is very cool though! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
664 Posts
hythe said:
You'll have to start a Fastestates.com website.... hiha
it has been mentioned one or two times ;)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kees said:
As with most Alpina models #001 was the showcar at Geneva. And Synter and Nicole might get demonstrators too. So you'll get a very low serial number.
Yup, of course you're right - on demonstrators, from the sound of things, Sytner's don't even get their full production demo saloon for a little while yet - the black one (#0006) is one of the pre-production cars, I believe - so I'd be surprised if they get a demo Touring before mine. I expect mine will probably be #0003 or #0004 or so.

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
The first customer B5 Limousines are now being delivered...

A friend saw one on Swiss registration last week and now the first cars are being offered for sale in Germany.

·
Registered
223 Posts
hi,

i´ve been to the alpina factory yesterday and mr.schuster showed me the no. 0001 of the B5 tourings...i´m sorry to say but they´ll keep the car for a couple of years....:sad1: ( maybe for testing )

best regards

alex

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BerlinThunder said:
hi,

i´ve been to the alpina factory yesterday and mr.schuster showed me the no. 0001 of the B5 tourings...i´m sorry to say but they´ll keep the car for a couple of years....:sad1: ( maybe for testing )

best regards

alex
Yup - mine should be built sometime in September / early October - car 001 was a pre-production car, so I don't know if they'll ever sell it on.

Hopefully, by September, they'll have finally figured out how to price and build it - currently they're still having some trouble between London, Nottingham and Buchloe in figuring that one out, because it's both an Alpina and a full-blown individual job, as well as the first production car...

Still, they are trying their best and being nice about it all!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts