BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

B3S Coupe Anniversary 40

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Ashok Arora 
#1 ·
Anyone who knows something about it, what´s different from the ordinary B3S Coupe? I´m not so good at Japanese that´s why I´m asking :hihihi:

BMW Alpina B3S Coupe Anniversary 40

#2 ·
From what I can make of it this special anniversary model was introduced last week. There is nothing on the official Alpina website yet.

Using Babelfish it is possible to get a rough idea of the text and the technical specs dont seem to differ from the standard B3S Coupe - although Nicole quote 315hp instead of 305hp; torque, acceleration and top speed remain identical. There will only be 40 of these anniversary B3S Coupes built worldwide. All of them in Alpinablue with light grey interieur, switchtronic gearbox and glass sunroof.

Much more tasteful than the B3 3.0 Edition30 cars! :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Andm99 said:
Do they release 40th Ani. models of anything else? What was wrong with the B3 3.0?(I've never seen one)
As far as can be made out from the Alpina Japan website, the 40 examples of the B3S Anniversary 40 will be built as Coupe. No other body types.

That's in contrast to the B3 3.0 Edition30, which was built in 30 examples each as Convertible, Coupe and Limo. The Edition30 was available in Alpinablau, Alpinagrun and Technoviolett with matching black leather and alcantara inserts. To say it nicely it's an acquired taste. :hihi:

Attachments

#6 ·
Hmm, that is strange that is not more changes. I would be surprised if it had more power?

And the interiour could have been mroe lucuriours, like full leather :)

We'll see! Japan is is the second or even the largest market, or was. Anybody know if it is still 2nd? I know Alpina share of German sales have shrunk the last years (relative other countries).

#7 ·
kees said:
As far as can be made out from the Alpina Japan website, the 40 examples of the B3S Anniversary 40 will be built as Coupe. No other body types.

That's in contrast to the B3 3.0 Edition30, which was built in 30 examples each as Convertible, Coupe and Limo. The Edition30 was available in Alpinablau, Alpinagrun and Technoviolett with matching black leather and alcantara inserts. To say it nicely it's an acquired taste. :hihi:
Yeah, thats not so pretty. Surprising due to Alpina's usual tasteful decoration of cars.

#8 ·
Kees,

it looks like they didn't increase the output to 315hp. I was curious too, so I've checked the Nicole website, the 'regular' B3S has also 315hp. The Roadster S has 310 hp (normally 300hp).

#9 ·
Deckard said:
it looks like they didn't increase the output to 315hp. I was curious too, so I've checked the Nicole website, the 'regular' B3S has also 315hp. The Roadster S has 310 hp (normally 300hp).
Guess it must be a difference in the measurement system between Europe and Japan. Or at best the RHD version has a slightly less restrictive exhaust than the LHD version.

#15 ·
kool part of this is really a price. this one comes with eur 18k worth of
options but the price tag increased only by approx 3k (to 65k). all lhd 6mt
b3ss are equipped with a hand-bent ex manifold (thus, they boast 315hp) while
rhd models (and roadstar ss) have less horses with a regular ex manifold. all
alpina models are delivered with deco in japan but take a good look at the
picture, this model says anniversary ‘stead of alpina on the side.
matter fact, this is the second edition of such a model. nicole produced 25
units of b3 anniversary sedans a while ago. we pretty much see this as an
inventory fire sale and I don’t think this is available else where.

#17 ·
getnoir said:
kool part of this is really a price. this one comes with eur 18k worth of
options but the price tag increased only by approx 3k (to 65k). all lhd 6mt
b3ss are equipped with a hand-bent ex manifold (thus, they boast 315hp) while
rhd models (and roadstar ss) have less horses with a regular ex manifold. all
alpina models are delivered with deco in japan but take a good look at the
picture, this model says anniversary ‘stead of alpina on the side.
matter fact, this is the second edition of such a model. nicole produced 25
units of b3 anniversary sedans a while ago. we pretty much see this as an
inventory fire sale and I don’t think this is available else where.
Interesting! Thanks for your insights.

Would it be jumping to conclusions to assume this links in with Alpina putting employees on short shifts and the upcoming launch of the E90 model line-up? As usual BMW may be loading up 3-series with loads of options, so Alpina and Nicole can't resist trying to sell a final batch of B3S cars cheaply.

The handbuilt manifold is an interesting touch though.

#19 ·
Welcome aboard schmarti :byee55amg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.