·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine problems, turbo problems etc... in other words : $$$ he should invest and he does not want to invest... thinking he will get close to that 9k figure parting the car out ?!

·
Registered
240 Posts
guy is saying he just rebuilt the engine, but one of the turbos blew because it was running on too much boost, and the head gasket blew... not quite sure what kind of engine reconstruction that was...

He's either selling it as is for 9k, or parting the car out...

·
Registered
453 Posts
That is a shame. I wish I lived closer as I would pick that up as a project car, would be fun to tinker on...

·
Registered
242 Posts
I asked the seller and got the VIN # as well as the production #. Date of first registration is January 10, 1992 (Kees, this is for your databasde as well !). Apparently no room for discussion.

Would indeed be a cheap restoration project for the medium / long term.

Yannick.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The color of the car is not very desireable compare to a black or blue one-the problems mentioned above will cost roundabout 10.000 Euros including work to do it properly. There is nothing said on the mileage of this car....

I think buying a fine car with all work made recently would be cheaper. This is no bargain-I think it's a "Groschengrab" as we call it in Germany. You will pay a lot of money to get a fine car....

·
Administrator
8,801 Posts
The color of the car is not very desireable compare to a black or blue one-the problems mentioned above will cost roundabout 10.000 Euros including work to do it properly. There is nothing said on the mileage of this car....
I already have history on the car...it had 198k km in June 2007.

Some people like having a rare color like this for collectibility but I agree in general a black or blue car would be easier to sell. I wonder if there is 9k euro worth of parts though if the engine isn't working 100%.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts