BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, BT trivia question for all of you.

I am getting my front valnce repainted which means that the decals are coming off. I want to get new ones but when I looked up the decals for the BT, the 'Teilekatalog E34' catalogue mentions that there are two different spoilers against the BT - Typ 665 and Typ 690. What valence is on the BT?

If a picture is needed I can post one.

Thanks so much!

Rob

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff! Actually the valence on my BT is very similar to that one - the decal set is the same at least. That helped a tonne! I owe you a beer next time I am out there!

cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thijnk this decal set would work on mine. Here is a pic of my B10 BT (right) and B12 5.0 (left). Thoughts?

·
Registered
405 Posts
On the same thought, I have a complete decal set for my car and need to have them put on. Are there any specifications as to the placement of the decals, or is it merely by eye.

Cheers

·
Registered
133 Posts
The 690 set definitely looks wrong to me, Rob - check out below the fogs on the B10 4.0 Touring - the line breaks for those vent holes, which the BT doesn't have - the upper stripe will break on the BT where it shouldn't with that kit...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahhh - good call Jeff! I thought the decal continued through the vent holes but in looking closer you are right they do not. I just got a B10 3.5 clone and the valence is like that of the wagon picture above.

So does this mean it is safe to say I have the 665?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ahhh - good call Jeff! I thought the decal continued through the vent holes but in looking closer you are right they do not. I just got a B10 3.5 clone and the valence is like that of the wagon picture above.

So does this mean it is safe to say I have the 665?

There's a standard B10 3.5, which has a different spoiler from the B10 4.0/4.6, and different again from the BT... so it's hard to say whether 665 is for the BT or 3.5...

It is true that the stripes for the BT and V8 B10s look very similar - it is possible that they are the same kit, and on the V8s you are expected to cut the stripe at the hole?? Hard to say...

You may have to get in touch with Alpina on this one...

·
Premium Member
8,804 Posts
Ok...spent a quick moment looking at this. There are actually 3 frontspoilers for the E34.

665 - this is the B10 3.5/1 frontspoiler. It's NLA and replaced by the 690
667 - this is the B10 BiTurbo frontspoiler
690 - this is the B10 4.0/4.6 frontspoiler and incorporates ducting to the frontbrakes

Then there's 2 different decokits for the frontspoiler... for the 665 (I guess this is the same as the 667 decokit) and the 690.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow - this is confusing. I am lost why in the catalogue it does not mention the 667 for the Biturbo. Jeff, from what Kees is saying you do indeed sound correct.

Perhaps I just won't decal the front after it is painted lol

·
Registered
723 Posts
I've kept quiet until I could find my invoice from last year but now I have it, this is what you need to order!

Alpina B10 Bi-Turbo front spoiler requires 3 decals. One for the ALPINA logo in the middle, and one each for the left, and right hand sides. There is some trimming to do.

B91.47.4.100.236 014922/STRIPE £22.98 +tax
B91.47.4.100.237 014922/STRIPE £22.98 +tax
B91.47.4.100.013 014925/ALPINA SI £10.22 +tax

When you put the stripes on, put them on the spoiler before you put the spoiler on the car and don't forget to wrap the stripes round the inner edge of each wheel arch end.

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dave you rock - thank you so much!

When I get back over to the UK (which will be in a couple of years hopefully) I will owe you a pint or two. And you can owe me a ride in a BT at sea level - I am sure the difference in performance between sea level and 3500ft is quite noticable in a BT.

Thanks again!

Rob

P.S. The bumper/valence from a B10 3.0 Allrad does not fit a Biturbo, in case anyone is thinking of trying. Sounds random, but today it was 20 degrees C and my BT's bumper is away getting repainted. I had the worst itch to take her for a burn but had no bumper. Thought the Allrad could help me make the car 'legal' but sadly it could not. <sigh>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts