BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

B10 BiTurbo - reinforcement in the body??

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BerlinThunder 
#1 ·
Did Alpina make some reinforcement in the body of BiTurbo compared to f.example a 525i E34? In the part-catalog the only thing I can figure out is that Alpina has front and rear stabilizators (anti-roll bars?), and of course other shocks/springs.

#2 ·
eee said:
Did Alpina make some reinforcement in the body of BiTurbo compared to f.example a 525i E34? In the part-catalog the only thing I can figure out is that Alpina has front and rear stabilizators (anti-roll bars?), and of course other shocks/springs.
Hello,

As far as I know, the E34 shell is the same whether it's a 518 or M5 - the body is very strong. Obviously Alpina changed a lot when they built the Bi-turbo and the list is extensive but Shocks, Differential, Gearbox, Brakes, Anti-roll bars, Wheels, Geometry and the engine of course.....

Do you own a Bi-turbo or interested in buying one??

Cheers,

Dave.

Bi-Turbo #320

#5 ·
Erik said:
Not sure about this, but I belive to have been told that the BiTurbo body was reinforced in the rear end of the car. Not sure where.

This was apperantly done at BMW.
i heard something like that, too.

:M5thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.