BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to replace rear shocks on B10. Looking for advice/feedback on alternative set up. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
596 Posts
They're NLA and i think the official dealer route is some 3.6 M5 ones as they both use the same SLS system. ALbeit the alpina ones are valved to their spec

The polish place could rebuild them or its SLS delete are the options and aftermarket setup

·
Registered
405 Posts
We just did the delete and replaced with Bilsteins. We looked into doing a rebuild here in the states, but it was not cost effective. We still have them in case we ever want to rebuild them. We are very happy with the ride now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've decided to go with bilsteins. Who does the rebuild? I'll have three Alpina units, 2 left, 1 right

·
Registered
128 Posts
I sent my rear shocks to Nagengast in Poland. The result was very good and the price then was ok. I think they've increase the price since last year, but check with them.

Regeneration of shock-absorbers

Br,
Michael

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I sent my rear shocks to Nagengast in Poland. The result was very good and the price then was ok. I think they've increase the price since last year, but check with them.

Regeneration of shock-absorbers

Br,
Michael
I have heard that some Polish guys are doing this ,, and the result is great

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yepp Sveinbjörn and that's the guys I've linked to above ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
They're NLA and i think the official dealer route is some 3.6 M5 ones as they both use the same SLS system. ALbeit the alpina ones are valved to their spec
This is correct, you can still get the M5 ones here in North America, but they are not cheap, $800 each last time I checked.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Michael

how much does it cost for ,, B10 BT
I got it quite cheap but there are rumors that the price has gone up. Easiest is to contact them via Facebook. They have their own page ;).

Think I paid 300 Euro plus freight for both shocks.

Br,
Michael

Attachments

Reactions: Ferrari-Bmw
1 - 14 of 14 Posts