BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I need to change the flexible clutch hose from master cylinder to slave cylinder. My local BMW dealer says it's on back order in Germany with no idea when it will be available.

Since it looks like any old flexible brake hose I was hoping someone here would have the specs so I can get one without having to remove mine to find out the thread fittings and length etc?

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thread fittings should be equal to the brake fittings. The length, put the car on a bridge and measure it? Sorry, don't have one near me to measure...

Please be advised to use high pressure hose as the clutch pressure plate uses more force to hold the clutch disc. Alpina mentioned that the stock E34 535i part can expand a little with the result that the clutch is not fully disengaged.

I ordered the upgraded part a while ago but can't remember the brand. All I know it was in enforced breaded hose. Maybe Goodridge or equal can help you out? Don't use brake hoses as they can be to small in diameter. 4mm or more should be sufficient.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thread fittings should be equal to the brake fittings. The length, put the car on a bridge and measure it? Sorry, don't have one near me to measure...

Please be advised to use high pressure hose as the clutch pressure plate uses more force to hold the clutch disc. Alpina mentioned that the stock E34 535i part can expand a little with the result that the clutch is not fully disengaged.

I ordered the upgraded part a while ago but can't remember the brand. All I know it was in enforced breaded hose. Maybe Goodridge or equal can help you out? Don't use brake hoses as they can be to small in diameter. 4mm or more should be sufficient.
I had the same problem about 10 years ago i had to use a E34 M5 part until i could get hold of the Alpina part.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the responses but I think there might be an error with the part number as I have: 32101157375 from a 535i which is also shared with some models E31, E32 and the E36 M3. I cannot see a reference to the E30 part. Seems the cheaper hose may also have been replaced by a more expensive hose with a pressure sender take-off built in.

But I think you are saying a standard E34 535i clutch line will fit but is not strong enough to hold the weight of the Alpina clutch - is this the correct understanding?

IF that's the case I will buy one as a temporary fix while the Alpina hose is on order, or use one as a template for the braided hose of 4mm diameter.

Cheers,

Dave.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the responses but I think there might be an error with the part number as I have: 32101157375 from a 535i which is also shared with some models E31, E32 and the E36 M3. I cannot see a reference to the E30 part. Seems the cheaper hose may also have been replaced by a more expensive hose with a pressure sender take-off built in.

But I think you are saying a standard E34 535i clutch line will fit but is not strong enough to hold the weight of the Alpina clutch - is this the correct understanding?

IF that's the case I will buy one as a temporary fix while the Alpina hose is on order, or use one as a template for the braided hose of 4mm diameter.

Cheers,

Dave.
I tried an 535i hose and it didn't work properly as I said if you've got a wait for the correct part from Alpina you're best off purchasing an E34 M5 part which will be more suited for the job

·
Registered
743 Posts
The braided hose from Alpina will be equal to a braided hose from any other supplier. Alpina doesn't make these themselves, they order at FAG or any other.

If you need the E36 M3 line:
HEL Clutch Line For BMW E36 M3

Alpina used the stock 535i line and later upgraded to braided one. I had clutch issues on a BT in the past and they recommended to use the upgraded part (braided line).

Do what you think is best. I am sure you will work it out.
My colleague used these HEL lines on EVOs, Imprezas and I on my E30 S50B32.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice and I have ordered the Hel E36 clutch line :)

I will report back once it's fitted.

Cheers,

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts