BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to need a couple of bits to finish the Biturbo when we eventually get there.

A sachs clutch plate (was destroyed when the car was moved around with flat tyres)

An alpina front splitter (was destroyed by the fence which destroyed the rest of the car)

I think i may have found a replica front spoiler in latvia for about 85 Euro , the only place so far to get the clutch plate seems to be Sachs themselves at around £350.

Any ideas and pointers gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

Charlie

·
Premium Member
8,803 Posts
Another question, Which fuel tank did alpina modify and fit to the Biturbo?
Mostly the BiTurbos had the 90l tank from the E34 M5. Additionally there was a small Alpina-specific tank in the luggage compartment.
For your touring this won't work as it will sit in the middle of the floor.

Some of the E34 B10 V8 Tourings had a 90 liter tank as well directly from BMW. That's what I would recommend. No idea on parts... possibly the 90l limousine tank is a direct fit? :dunno:

·
Registered
669 Posts
:haha:

Thomas

·
Registered
669 Posts
:thumbsup:

Thomas

Reactions: vixpy1

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As regards the long range tank, this will surely fit straight into the car in place of the Jack/tool tray?

I have someone lined up to modify an M5 tank to fit the extra pipeing needed for the long range tank to it.

Oh, and a taster attached, The engine is now out..

·
Registered
669 Posts
The tank goes in down deeper, hence, he does not become in the boot.

Thomas

·
Registered
669 Posts
........ look at the tank tapes, they are different from a tank with 80 litres to 90 litres

Thomas

·
Registered
669 Posts
....... a nice project, there still is a lot to act, we seize it

Thomas

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He's right you know, the long range tank does not fit due to the fact that the toruing suspension turrets are a different shape.

However, not willing to be defeated, we have a metal long range tank that will be modified to fit.

More good news, the Biturbo main tank is in better condition than we thought and can be used in the touring.

Ps, whats an E34 Biturbo rear spoiler worth?

Charlie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts