BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like my after run pump (Umwälzpumpe) is leaking. My parts catalog lists 3 different part numbers:

11 53 618
64 11 8 388 742​
64 11 8 390 090

I'm not sure what the difference is. Is this a standard BMW part or Alpina specific?

Cheers,

Sean​

·
Registered
133 Posts
I plugged those two BMW part numbers into RealOEM.com and the last one pointed me at the "auxiliary water pump" which is a standard E34/E32 part. I guess Alpina uses it as an after-run pump on the BT?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
standard bmw part as jeff says it is a aux water pump, replace that fast and i would not drive the car until replaced or you will find yourself with a very big repair bill:cheers:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plugged those two BMW part numbers into RealOEM.com and the last one pointed me at the "auxiliary water pump" which is a standard E34/E32 part. I guess Alpina uses it as an after-run pump on the BT?
Thanks Jeff. It looks likes on a standard E34 that its used for the heating system. I wonder if that means there are 2 aux water pumps on the BiTurbo, one for the after run and one for the heater?

Also, I wonder what the difference is between the 3 part numbers, as only one shows up on real OEM.

·
Registered
223 Posts
.... I wonder if that means there are 2 aux water pumps on the BiTurbo, one for the after run and one for the heater?
Right, there´s one next to the turbos which runs over 90° watertemp for a couple of minutes after engine stop and one next to the throttle body that supports the normal waterpump during normal driving circumstances.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Should the warer pump run if oil temp is 82? I'm not sure if my BTs pump is working.
Yes you should hear it running after shut down.

to test:

Drive the bt up to 80 or 90° oil temp. then shut down and measure the plug from the extra water pump (next to the turbos).you should see 12v.Be careful it´s warm down there:blink:

Reactions: Rockwell_

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
the aux water pump next to the turbos is a standard 535i part

1 - 11 of 11 Posts