BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,

I have the rare opportunity to get my hands on a B10 3.0 Allrad. I did some research on it last night but there is not very much information that I could find on them.

If there are any members here who own one or if there is anyone on here who knows about them - please enlighten me! I would love to see pics of people's cars, in and out, and get as much technical info as I can - brochures etc. Given that I live in a snowy climate, I think this would be the ultimate winter machine! I have to make my decision tonight...

Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
299 Posts
The car is based on the 525 iX E34....I think you can get some of them in Switzerland. The 4-wheel-drive in these days is far away from "perfect"-I think its quite ok that these cars are rare.....;)

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is indeed based on the 525iX. The engine is the same as in the B3 3.0 and is therefore a larger-capacity version of the 2.5l M50 block. Power and torque are lower though (231PS at 5,800rpm and 312Nm at 4.200rpm for the B10 vs 250PS at 5.700rpm and 320Nm for the B3).

According to the book "BMW Alpina" by James Taylor, Alpina quoted a 0-100 km/h time of 6.3sec and a top speed of 240 km/h.

Hope this helps.

Hannes

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to say a huge thank you to all of you who gave me info on this car. I went through the links everyone posted etc and.... I am a proud new Papa of another Alpina!!

Alpina B10 3.0 Allrad #52 will have a new home in Calgary Alberta and be joining his Biturbo and B12 5.0 brothers. As luck would have it, they are all diamant schwarz...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Congrats from my side....even not beeing the fastest one-all wheel drive is a huge argument in Canada......;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice one!

It's cool to have 4 Alpinas sitting in the stable :cheers:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I look forward to taking a pic with them all lined up together.

I know there are turbo and SC kits for the 325 and 525 engines, maybe I should drop one of those in so it doesn't have an inferiority complex about being sub 300 hp...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I only have 2 pictures at the moment but here they are...

So here's an interesting tid-bit. Have a look at the headlights... It looks like there is a shield over the lenses, like that of an E39. I have heard of people retrofitting E39 headlights in an E34. Does it look like this could be the case with this car?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
:applause: Which oen did you buy? :applause:

I would like to say a huge thank you to all of you who gave me info on this car. I went through the links everyone posted etc and.... I am a proud new Papa of another Alpina!!

Alpina B10 3.0 Allrad #52 will have a new home in Calgary Alberta and be joining his Biturbo and B12 5.0 brothers. As luck would have it, they are all diamant schwarz...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This time I bought the B10 3.0 Allrad. I am very excited to get it - hopefully mid to late February. I'll post some better pics once I have in my loving arms. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts