BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day all, I'm looking for some advice.

My rear Spoiler(wing) touches the top of the quarter panel and was wondering what could i use to protect the quarter panel?

I've had the Boot Lid replaced and the original spoiler refitted. The garage insists it's been fitted properly.

Please could a fellow owner post some pics of there fixings of the spoiler so i can show the garage how it should be fitted!

Thank you in advance.

Paul

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
theres adjustment on the boot lid its self you can adjust so the spoiler doesnt touch the quarter panel..... pics wont show you much except that the garage have not done the adjustment on the boot lid properly and thats why it is touching...ive just looked at your pics of car and it looks like the spoiler is not straight look at it from the side of the car and it has a slight slant on it that could be your problem aswell as boot adjustment

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you mkiller I've checked the shut lines of the boot lid and it's spot on all the gaps are equal. So it looks like the mounting of the spoiler is not right.
Does any one have any measurements for this

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've contacted Alpina and supplied the spoiler part number 4100689 which is stamped on the left side. I was told that this is a part number for a 850? They say it should be 4100688?
Could someone supply me with a part number for the later spoiler NOT the earlier one.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
theres adjustment on the boot lid its self you can adjust so the spoiler doesnt touch the quarter panel..... pics wont show you much except that the garage have not done the adjustment on the boot lid properly and thats why it is touching...ive just looked at your pics of car and it looks like the spoiler is not straight look at it from the side of the car and it has a slight slant on it that could be your problem aswell as boot adjustment
Rojer.. do you have any pictures that shows how to adjustment the spoiler.

I am am pretty sure that this option is not on my rear wing

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rojer.. do you have any pictures that shows how to adjustment the spoiler.

I am am pretty sure that this option is not on my rear wing
Good afternoon Ferrari-Bmw i don't think you can adjust the spoiler the only thing which can be adjusted once the spoilers fitted is the actual boot lid

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are a few pics of the spoiler fixings:

I've looked at the pics and the part number isn't 41 00 689 it is 41 00 669

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi, my spoiler is the same, part number 4100669 but it clears the rear quarter panels by about 5mm. I will try and upload some pictures tomorrow in daylight, they might help.

MIKE.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you mybud that would be very helpful

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the pics mybud. Yes the 'fin' does miss the bodywork as yours but the lip which lifts it up hits the edge the the quarter panel

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've received instruction to fit the boot spoiler for the 44 00 688 and have been told that it's the same measurements for spoiler 44 00 669 but the 688 has only 2 fixings either side where the 669 has 3 fixings either side.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
this is a strange one good luck lol

·
Registered
821 Posts
I must be missing something here. Can you show a picture of exactly where it's hitting the bodywork so I can compare it to mine?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Chas here are a few pics of the spoiler:

If you look at the top fixing and to the right of that where the lip is thats were it catching the edge the of bodywork

·
Registered
821 Posts
Can we see it from this angle on your car?

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Can we see it from this angle on your car?
+1. Mine has a gap like this but I can see rub in the fender of my car. I assume it is from the times I have stretched the car's legs and the spoiler has been doing its job. Not sure.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have looked at my wing and this is what I reckon is going on. I have plenty of gap between wing and rear quarters (and would use the rubber adjusters) if I needed more. Thing is, I can see some wear marks under the area where the lip covers the wing and reckon this is down to either the wing deforming at speed (unlikely) or rush of gritty, dirty air being channelled through that small gap (my guess).

Either way, I don't have a problem with thes spoiler touching the bodywork if I'm stood there looking at it - which answers your question.

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
+1. Mine has a gap like this but I can see rub in the fender of my car. I assume it is from the times I have stretched the car's legs and the spoiler has been doing its job. Not sure.
Hehe,, it is the same on my car .....

And i think as you have mentioned it must be because of the high speed :checkeredflag:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts