BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my B&B Triflow installed yesterday. I just have one word abou it. WOW!!!! I mean the car sounds unbeleivable. Its phenominal in every way. LOOKS, and SOUND. I will post some pictures soon. I will also try to load up a video clip. For anyone who is thinking about an exhaust for the M5, I would greatly recomend the Triflow's. The quality of the finish is superb and the sound is like I never imagined.

I heard a lot of people saying that there is some groaning at low RPM. Its not that bad at all. The cabin sound is quite nice. Almost like stock but with some rumble. You will not be dissappointed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Im still not 100% sold on B&B's new eliptical tips, they look too much like MB AMG tips to me but I completely agree with you brother. I had the B&Bs and for the price they are, they are hands down the best exhaust for teh money out there on the market. Highest is torque/hp gain for the lowest price.

·
Registered
36 Posts
oto...They look very nice...Did you install an SS x-pipe or kept it stock?
More pics and a vid/sound clip would be great:M5thumbs: I'm trying to decide on which exhaust to choose...Thanks!

-Mo

·
Registered
977 Posts
oto60 said:
I just got my B&B Triflow installed yesterday. I just have one word abou it. WOW!!!! I mean the car sounds unbeleivable. Its phenominal in every way. LOOKS, and SOUND. I will post some pictures soon. I will also try to load up a video clip. For anyone who is thinking about an exhaust for the M5, I would greatly recomend the Triflow's. The quality of the finish is superb and the sound is like I never imagined.

I heard a lot of people saying that there is some groaning at low RPM. Its not that bad at all. The cabin sound is quite nice. Almost like stock but with some rumble. You will not be dissappointed.
Can you take a straight rear picture and post it?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Those dual round tips look great! I had B&B's for the first year or so on my Beast. Got tapped in the rear-end in rush hour traffic and insurance covered a full SuperSprint cat-back system.

I got mine used from another boardmember that didn't like the minimal in-cabin resonance. I absolutely loved the low-RPM burble. My only gripe with the oval tips was you could not clean between the twin outlets, and road grime would build up there. With quad round tips like yours, you should be able to keep them real clean.

One other thing I ran into with my B&B's over time was a discoloration of the stainless steel. Mine went bronze with repeated blasts at WOT.... The supersprint method of chrome over stainless on the tips has cured that for me.

Enjoy your throaty new ride. You're going to develop an involuntary habit of stoplight-throttle-blipping before you even know it!

-Dave

·
Registered
648 Posts
I had a tri-flow system on my E28 M5. I could barely hear myself think... It was GREAT! :wroom: Congrats!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
i really dont like B&B's new eliptical tips...i like my old ones better.

Dang it..the pic i have it to big to post.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have had a B&B on my M5 for 5 years now. Sounds great; even non-car guys tell me they really notice it. And my wife has been telling me for five years now to take the car back to the dealer and get the exhaust fixed. That is the best endorsement of all.

Steve

·
Registered
977 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
i really dont like B&B's new eliptical tips...i like my old ones better.

Dang it..the pic i have it to big to post.
I agree. Aesthetic look is a big thing in me choosing an exhaust, and I think that's going to knock the B&B off the list. The Tubi tips, combined with the price, are making it really hard for me to get that. The new Britalman is starting to look real good...

·
Registered
266 Posts
oto60 enjoy your B&B's , I did until the headers, the drone was crazy at low rpm .
As for the sound though it was awesome, I just swapped them for some Tubi's and can't believe how QUIET they are inside the car.
It does feel like the B&B's maybe performed a touch better.
Since being a member and haveing the B&B's I never understood why Triflows never took off, it seemed the buzz is for Kelleners,Tubi then S/S. Why they are under rated I don't know , geez for the money ?? :confused2

Rob, I agree (quote)..."I had the B&Bs and for the price they are, they are hands down the best exhaust for teh money out there on the market. Highest is torque/hp gain for the lowest price."

oto60 , as for when they discolor, just polish them the gold tone comes off,
also they sound even better with a S/S xpipe. :hihi:

HDClown , is this a pic like you were looking for?

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts