BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slightly used B&B Tri Flow exhaust system for sale. Its an awsome looking and sounding exhaust system and it does add performance. The mufflers are polished stainless steel.

I had it on the car for about 700-800 miles and now my lease has ended and I put my stock exhaust back on. I am looking to get $750 plus shipping.

Please feel free to make me an offer but please no low ballers.....I will accept money order or paypal...Also I prefer paypal and I am Paypal verified....I don't check my PM's much so please email me at [email protected].....

Below are some pictures of the exhaust:

http://elit3.com/upload/BMW1.jpg
http://elit3.com/upload/BMW2.jpg
http://elit3.com/upload/BMW3.jpg
http://elit3.com/upload/BMW4.jpg
http://elit3.com/upload/BMW5.jpg
http://elit3.com/upload/BMW6.jpg
http://elit3.com/upload/BMW7.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the bump, I also love this exhaust, Im sure it will find a good home soon.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
is it just the mufflers? Do you have a dyno?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
jayson...

all exhausts (cept for Tubi) come as a muffler can only exhaust...

There are dyno numbers avail through Bavarian Autosport...they show a gain of about 20 torque and about 10hp up to about 6500rpm and then the dyno runs out because they could not figure out how to dyno an m5 properly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jayson said:
is it just the mufflers? Do you have a dyno?
Yes its just the mufflers exactly whats in the pictures.....I never dynoed the car with the exhaust, but I did notice a difference.....I think if you do a serach some of the board members have dynoed their cars with this exhaust system....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
jayson...

as a previous owner ill expand on power although for a good chunk of time they were on my car i had the Supersprint Xpipe fitted.

The power of the car comes alive under 5000rpm...above that they slightly go back to a stock power curve but under that the torque is impressive. With the BB's in place and a neutral rev, the entire car would shake...with my kelleners this is not the case as they are tuned more for upper rev work. The BB's perfectly match the power characteristics of the s62...v8 muscle at the low end. Torque torque and more torque... Even Mike at Active Autowerke in Miami was impressed with the torque delivery of the muffler as he even commented that it was much stronger than in his car.

The sound is also something that i loved...they have a nice growl to them especially below the 5000rpm range...above that they assume a slightly louder than stock volume level. There is a bit of resonance with them but nothing more than any other exhaust....now if you dont like resonance...DO NOT ADD THE SS Xpipe! If you do, ADD IT AND THE SETUP WILL SCRAMBLE YOUR BRAIN

For 750 dollars you can not pass these up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 said:
jayson...

as a previous owner ill expand on power although for a good chunk of time they were on my car i had the Supersprint Xpipe fitted.

The power of the car comes alive under 5000rpm...above that they slightly go back to a stock power curve but under that the torque is impressive. With the BB's in place and a neutral rev, the entire car would shake...with my kelleners this is not the case as they are tuned more for upper rev work. The BB's perfectly match the power characteristics of the s62...v8 muscle at the low end. Torque torque and more torque... Even Mike at Active Autowerke in Miami was impressed with the torque delivery of the muffler as he even commented that it was much stronger than in his car.

The sound is also something that i loved...they have a nice growl to them especially below the 5000rpm range...above that they assume a slightly louder than stock volume level. There is a bit of resonance with them but nothing more than any other exhaust....now if you dont like resonance...DO NOT ADD THE SS Xpipe! If you do, ADD IT AND THE SETUP WILL SCRAMBLE YOUR BRAIN

For 750 dollars you can not pass these up
Let me ask you a couple of things b4 I decide. By the way I had always entended to get the tubi down the road but this is a good deal thats why i'm considering it.
1.Can you explain the resonance a little more? Any noise or rattles with it, or SES light.
2. How loud is it when your not pushing it, I read a few other post that said they felt it's fairly loud, I'm looking for somthing not too loud to keep it "classy" if you will, with the idea that I need it not only for me but to put my parents in and travel long trips( cant' have a loud exhaust on long trips that gets old...been there).
3. Any weight figures compared to stock?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
jayson,

I wish i could send you some videos but my account will only allow me to ship out upto 1.0 meg and the one that i have that has the B&B's on the inside is rated at 1.24.

As with your issues..The resonance is a occurance when you are using too low of a gear for the speed you are at and either you are cruising or you are trying to accelerate in that gear. I did not however, have any other associated rattles or squeeks or SES lights. Under proper gearing and speed, its actually a fairly quiet system.

If you send me your email address via PM ill will email you a video of my car (with the xpipe) and you will hear it. Also did you check out www.bbtriflo.com

They have the exhaust clip on there as well as the best threads forum? The exhaust comparison clips has alot of exhausts. I would consider the sound of the B&B's by themselves to be that of the Supersprint with the Xpipe, which is to say classy. It is however much deeper than any other exhaust (minus the kelleners) offered for the M5. Check out
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25855

It offers the most american sound availible with aftermarket exhausts on the m5.

In addition to being one of the deepest and most torque producing exhausts out there, they are also one of the lightest as they have the smallest exhaust cases on the market, as you can see by supras pics.

I dont remember the actual number they drop weight by but its a large figure...roughly 50lbs if i remember correctly.

Hope that helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
Jayson..

I also notice that those are NOT the normal tips on the m5 exhaust offered by B&B. Those are the 3" rounds where the regulars are 3.5 elipticals. This should also give you a little more classic style, keeping the tips looking more like the oem ones than the ellipticals. Such as were on my car



vs

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
hmmm...

on second thought, those might be the new elipticals taken off the newer released m3 exhaust. As you can see in the post above...the tips that were on my car were MUCH different than Supra's tips.

Im not 100% if supras are round or elliptical as they are pretty close to round, as to compared to mine that are certainly elliptical
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
3.5 inch tips sound large? It sounds kinda like what you would expect to see on a civic these days times 4. Anybody have a pic with them on the car?

Rennsport: I'll send you my email in just a second.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
Jayson,

i got your PM but forgot to cut and paste it before i deleted the PM...im a bit dumb this morning. can you send it again

As for the 3.5 tips, they really dont look that big as that is what was on my car. The tips supra has are the 3" ones that were first offered on the e46 m3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 said:
Jayson,

i got your PM but forgot to cut and paste it before i deleted the PM...im a bit dumb this morning. can you send it again

As for the 3.5 tips, they really dont look that big as that is what was on my car. The tips supra has are the 3" ones that were first offered on the e46 m3.
I resent I dont' know if you got it or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 for providing the info I couldnt.........My B&B Triflow tips are not round like factory, they are I guess you could say oval or elipticals, also trust me the exhaust look and size is very tastefull it dosent come off looking cheap like a honda exhaust would....Hope that helps....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 said:
Jayson,

did you eventually get the email?

nah sorry never got it.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top