BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm buying a new exhaust for my car this weekend. And I'm looking to order either the B&B E39 M5 Exhaust System or The Remus Race Exhaust System.

Now keep in mind I am also doing a Supersprint X Pipe with whatever one I go with. Just for the little extra loudness.

The B&B is $200 less than the Remus. I'm kind of leaning towards it more.

What do you guys prefer? Any one running either of these? how do you like it? Any sound clips?

Thanks!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi,

its very difficult to describe a sound ...

I only can tell you as follows:

- I live about 35 km away from REMUS factory
- I live about 40 km away from SEBRING factory

but I mounted a custom made exhaust on my beast (made by an small factory which also delivered special editions to remus) - why (I drove on all my japan-cars custom production Sebring but never Remus)?

because Sebring and especially Remus has nearly on every 4 and 6 cyl. cars the same sound, and
not all exhausts are complete made of stainless steel (front and rear end plates of the mufflers are painted black, inner pipes).

On the other side the beast of a very good friend of mine has a single-unit production Remus and it sounds really nice - but:
he also tested a SS x-pipe on his beast, from the outside the sound was awsome but it was too much drone at about 1.800 up to 2.500 rpm in the cabin so he dismounted the x-pipe (and sold it to another friend with SS mufflers).

So if you are going to mount a x-pipe together with the Remus you can earn too much drone at the innerside.

I never heard the B&B exhaust on E39M5.

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sorry, 2nd pic is wrong and the advanced edit function didn´t work - so here is another pic:

from left:
- Remus custom made production 4x 82 mm
- Supersprint street version 4x 90 mm
- Vector custom made production 4x 90 mm (my GreenBeast)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm buying a new exhaust for my car this weekend. And I'm looking to order either the B&B E39 M5 Exhaust System or The Remus Race Exhaust System.

Now keep in mind I am also doing a Supersprint X Pipe with whatever one I go with. Just for the little extra loudness.

What do you guys prefer? Any one running either of these? how do you like it? Any sound clips?

Thanks!
Have you given ANY consideration to Timmays Tips for an aggresive sound and low cost? If I was running Stock manifolds, CATS and resonator, I would do it in a heartbeat. You wouldnt be disapointed. If you dont like it, add the exhaust described above.

I would be that once you hear it....You wouldnt change.

My 2 cents. If you are absolutely resolved to one of the above 2...B & B

Good Luck

·
Shill account for CNS Racing
435 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Simple go for the CNS CAT back exhaust.

YouTube - cns racing exhaust

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Go to Utube.....you should be able to pull up Firehires CNS system and hear it.
I would say CNS over Remus, but the OP seemed specific about what he was looking for

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, 2nd pic is wrong and the advanced edit function didn´t work - so here is another pic:

from left:
- Remus custom made production 4x 82 mm
- Supersprint street version 4x 90 mm
- Vector custom made production 4x 90 mm (my GreenBeast)

Beautiful beast! :clap: Thanks for the info.

Have you given ANY consideration to Timmays Tips for an aggresive sound and low cost? If I was running Stock manifolds, CATS and resonator, I would do it in a heartbeat. You wouldnt be disapointed. If you dont like it, add the exhaust described above.

I would be that once you hear it....You wouldnt change.

My 2 cents. If you are absolutely resolved to one of the above 2...B & B

Good Luck
Not really wanting to go that rout right now. But I will look into it! Thanks!

Simple go for the CNS CAT back exhaust.

YouTube - cns racing exhaust
To much $$$ :sad3:

What does this CNS and Remus system look like before installed on the car... ? Just wondering.
I would like to know this also. Anyone?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
B&B meaning Billy Boat?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
I know Adam says the B&B exhaust on his car gives his wife a major headache due to the low, loud tone at cruising speeds. I also heard there is quite a bit of low drone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts