BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Phx, AZ M5s out there that would be up for a little driving?

Breakfast runs to Prescott, Flagg, etc?

Like to hear from you....

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
No M5 here, but I would be interested in a meet. Heck, I could probably borrow a 350Z for the day. Jetta vs M5 is a little too stacked.
Some great roads out here, and I know a few spots for food up in Prescott. Best deli sandwhiches in the world 5 miles from my house.
:cheers:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Give me three weeks, I'm still working on the purchase of my first BMW - 2003 M5. I hope to finalize this weekend, but I'm not sure how long it will take to ship from MA.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Ingenere said:

You've read my mind...I'm drinking my coffee right now thinking - hmm, where I am I going to drive today? :noSMG:

I'm in, let me know if you need/want help coordinating. I have the maps from the run I did with the NSXPO group last weekend - good run, but at least I know where the speed traps are now. Also, it takes about 2 hours from Glendale to Prescott going that way and a little less back - plus time for lunch.

Anyways, PM me if you want help!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SCORPIO said:
You've read my mind...I'm drinking my coffee right now thinking - hmm, where I am I going to drive today? :noSMG:

I'm in, let me know if you need/want help coordinating. I have the maps from the run I did with the NSXPO group last weekend - good run, but at least I know where the speed traps are now. Also, it takes about 2 hours from Glendale to Prescott going that way and a little less back - plus time for lunch.

Anyways, PM me if you want help!
Good to hear from some AZ people. I run alot of drives for the Ferrari club, so I know some good routes...where the cops hang (Yarnell Hill, etc)....but having help is always a good thing! From what I understand, the BMW club runs some pretty efficient events. I know that we (FCA) have tried to do some track days with them....as well as the PCA.

Let's just keep in touch.....and have a little fun.....

·
Registered
992 Posts
Ingenere said:
Good to hear from some AZ people. I run alot of drives for the Ferrari club, so I know some good routes...where the cops hang (Yarnell Hill, etc)....but having help is always a good thing! From what I understand, the BMW club runs some pretty efficient events. I know that we (FCA) have tried to do some track days with them....as well as the PCA.

Let's just keep in touch.....and have a little fun.....
I went to the Roadrunner BMW club meeting last week and they are looking for suggestions for driving events, so if we wanted to open it up to all BMWs (and others!) I am sure we could get a large turnout.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SCORPIO said:
I went to the Roadrunner BMW club meeting last week and they are looking for suggestions for driving events, so if we wanted to open it up to all BMWs (and others!) I am sure we could get a large turnout.

Thoughts?
There are all kinds of good roads to do....

Canyon Lake
Bartlet Lake
Prescott
Jerome...........etc.

I have heard that that club is pretty good and they do alot of events.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Drop me a e-mail if you put together a drive in AZ. I park my M5 at Flagstaff home, but I'd bring it into the valley for the start if I'm in the state that week.
Great state for back road driving.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ingenere said:

I'd be up for it. I'm in Phoenix and can work pretty much anything into my schedule :M5launch: .

Paul

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe we could start with a Sun morning informal get together for some coffee and see who shows and where everyone would like to go...........

Thoughts............

·
Registered
992 Posts
Ingenere said:
Maybe we could start with a Sun morning informal get together for some coffee and see who shows and where everyone would like to go...........

Thoughts............
Works for me!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
It wont be in an M, but it would be nice to put a face to names. I am usually down in PHX on the weekends, so lets get this started! Depending on my friends work schedule, coffee in Scottsdale would be on the house.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BmwNut said:
It wont be in an M, but it would be nice to put a face to names. I am usually down in PHX on the weekends, so lets get this started! Depending on my friends work schedule, coffee in Scottsdale would be on the house.
Free coffee works for me!!
If we get together on a Saturday, it would have to be early as I do a radio show at 11am on Saturdays and I have to be there by 10:30. If we do a Sunday, we can be a little more laid back. Let's just pick a day and stay in touch.......

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Sunday usually works best for me, as I fly on almost all Saturdays up in Prescott. Which radio station may I ask?
Free coffee is all dependant on which one of my buds is working, which store, and if managers are in. But, I would say that if you like Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf coffee in Scottsdale I can get it for free 95% of the time. Heck, one guy would probably give you the store just for a ride... :haha:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We don't need free coffee.....I was just joking. Coffee Bean on Scottsdale and Double Tree is a good one.

I am on KFNX, which is 1100AM......at 11:00 am. It is a health show called Tri-for-Life, it's primarily about weight loss and lifestyle. It is really quite fun. We have a bunch of listeners in AZ and around the country that listen through the station's web site (www.1100KFNX.com)...that call in.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am getting together with some of my Fcar buddies tommorow (Sun 5/22) morning....probably around 10am at the Soma cafe on Tatum and Shea if any of you guys want to come......

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I'll be somewhat close to there, but 10am on Sundays is somewhat hard to sling (read Saturday night problems cherrsagai ). I can't bring anything worthwhile, that is unless the world changed and bug covered Jetta's are the new hot thing. Will you be taking the M5 or something else?
If I do manage to get up and make it over (mostly to oogle the eye candy) be on the lookout for a 21 year old kid with a blue 2003 Jetta. If I dont make it out, have a blast and take lots of pictures!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BmwNut said:
I'll be somewhat close to there, but 10am on Sundays is somewhat hard to sling (read Saturday night problems cherrsagai ). I can't bring anything worthwhile, that is unless the world changed and bug covered Jetta's are the new hot thing. Will you be taking the M5 or something else?
If I do manage to get up and make it over (mostly to oogle the eye candy) be on the lookout for a 21 year old kid with a blue 2003 Jetta. If I dont make it out, have a blast and take lots of pictures!
Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. Just a couple of us got together. We had a Lambo, SL55, tricked out NSX and my 348 Challenge.

See ya next time. We'll have to do just M5s soon!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
8 Participants
BmwNut
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing