BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I took delivery of my e60 M5 on Tuesday this week. Sorry for the delayed post but I just haven't been able to be out of it long enough:1:
What can I say? Where do I start? This car is sooooooooo.........:wroom:

Obviously I'm restricted as to what I can do. The 1200 mile service will allow a bit more but with just the 400 horses and not (where possible) exceeding 5500 rpm I am TOTALLY blown away! It's just so quick and so smooth with the delivery of the power that I'm actually a little scared of what it will do when it's completely run in!:M5rev:

I opted for the full leather(so glad I did) and the driver position and surroundings are just impeccable.

Current average mpg is 15.4 but this IS really a true BEASTlovelove

The engine actually growls at certain rpms and I just love the throttle blip when downshiftinglovelove

Questions for current owners, pictures and more to follow.....just wanted to let you know that the BEAST is most definitely HERE.

K.:cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree - awesome. I took delivery of mine yesterday here in Belgium, after having ordered in August 2004...
Great engine sound, perfect handling and what looks like perfect performance even though I am also limited to 5500rpm
But how do you get 16mpg??? I barely get 11 out of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds Good you are lucky.
I took Delivery of mine on Wednesday and its been back to Garage twice with Transmission problems. What a disaster, it has taken any desire of owning an M5 or any other BMW again for that matter. The service and profesionalism here in Malaga ,Spain leaves alot to be desired. It has taken me one year to finally commit and order the M5 purely because of the dealer service and after the disasters I have had with my previous BMWs here in Spain (3 x X5 4.6 and a few others).
After reading so many good reports here on the board ,I ordered it and now I really regret it.:crying:

I have given them the chance to fix it ,half knowing they couldnt as they are useless idiots and now the car is back with the same problems.(as I thought)

Now today I am trying to find out my rights as to giving the car back and getting a refund.
I feel completly sick with it and dont know what to do.

If I was still in UK I would not have these problems.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Well done mate! :cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

well done on your purchase, iam in manchester maybe we can start organising small meets what do you reckon, show the lads down south what the lads up north get up to???:M5rev:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.